Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Property of Google? No! The Google of Property
Just when you thought the days of aspiring Googles had ended, vertical search took on a life of its own.
- Facebook Ads & Applications: Critical SEM Learning Curve
If your business or agency's search marketing department has dismissed Facebook applications & paid ads, as outside of your product's demographic, think again.
- SEW Experts: Inside AdWords and Contextual Advertising: The Tipping Point
Once the ugly stepchild of online ads, contextual advertising has shed its "remnant inventory" reputation.
- Facebook Drops Another Hurdle
Still looking for some attention from the social networks? Facebook delivered a new client library on Friday afternoon, which makes your widgets easier to launch in their ecosystem.
- Google Enigma: Code Cracked by Carr
Nick Carr asks the question every forward-thinking executive has top of mind: Should innovation-minded managers view Google as an exemplar – or a freak?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search and the Changing Face of Public Relations, ClickZ Experts
- Online Political Ad Spending Forecasts Lack Clarity, Consistency, ClickZ News
- Yahoo (YHOO) Going Forward With "Drastic" Layoffs--Source, Silicon Alley Insider
- Quintura Launches Site Search Widget, Software Abstractions
- Why SEOs should care about the US spectrum auctions, Distilled
- Little Miss Anti-Popularity Rides Again, SEO Chicks
- Gary Price on the Soul of Ask, Pandia
- Social search is all about trust, Venture Skills
- Page Not Found (error 404): Rules of Engagement, Webmama
- Modern SEO as Competitive Webmastering, Johnon.com
- Latest Interview: comScore's James Lamberti, Ramblings About SEO
- Google Shows More Results in the Local OneBox, Google Operating System
- Hints That Europe Will Let Google Buy DoubleClick, NYT Bits
- Why Local Businesses Should Be Like The Jerk, Search Engine Land
- When is Usability More Important than SEO?, Search Engine Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!