Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEO for Reputation Management
One way to combat the threat of negative branding is through a reputation management strategy, which can begin with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Google Bar Codes and Three Martini Lunches
Search marketing firms have a tremendous competitive advantage over traditional ad agencies. Managing campaigns based on ROI is second nature.
- Balogh Named New Yahoo CTO
Aristotle "Ari" Balogh, 43, was named CTO for Yahoo today.
- Marchex to Distribute Ads from Superpages Advertisers
Advertisers who buy placements on Idearc's Superpages.com local search site will now be able to get the added distribution over Marchex's network of more than 200,000 vertically-focused local sites, as well as more than 50 partner ad networks and vertical sites.
- Measuring PR in cold, hard cash
Counting press clips has been a bogus PR metric for more than 20 years. So, what are the right PR metrics in the age of search engines?
- SEMPO Nominees for Board of Directors
The Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization has announced the nominees for its 2008 board of directors.
- SEW Experts: The Future of Search: All the Media That's Fit to Be Googled
The battle between search engines and human beings has moved to a new stage where online advertising and search ads are overtaking the search engine.
- SEW Experts: Online Retail SEO: Holiday Shopping Seasonality
The Q4 holiday season makes or breaks the success of online retail. Yet many companies don't realize how important the holidays are for SEO.
- SEW Experts: SEO Millionaire: Who Wants to Be One? - Part 2
Last week, we challenged SEOs to identify which of the big three travel sites has a canonical issue. Now we give you the answer.
- Search not understood and used in PR campaigns
PR experts recognize that social media has changed the practice of PR. Search, however, is not part of the PR lexicon yet.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Women Users, Search Strength Drive Health Focus for IAC and Others, ClickZ News
- Warm Up to Web Site Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Who Really Could Buy Yahoo And Succeed, Smart Keywords
- SEM Skinny: The Dirty Little Secret of the SEO Industry, TalentZoo
- Interview with Peter "Dr. Pete" Meyers, Distilled
- Spying On Your Paid Search Competitors, Search Engine Land
- Don't Forget to Charge!, Gonzo SEO
- Google Says EDU Links Are Not Better Links, Search Engine Roundtable
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!