Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Engine Market Share: comScore's December Scorecard
Google increased its slice of the growing global search pie in just-released search engine market share stats from comScore.
- 1,000 Yahoo Layoffs and 4 Key Yahoo Trends for CEOs
Improving the quality of traffic with domain controls and ad quality filtering promise to improve lead quality and advertiser ROI over time. The cleanup, though, limited Yahoo's revenue growth in Q4.
- Microsoft adCenter Partnering With WSJDN
Microsoft has announced it will provide the advertising for the Wall Street Journal Digital Network (WSJDN), which includes Barrons and marketWatch as well as WSJ.com.
- Who Are The Real Online Influencers?
The prominent players in our space may not have the impact they think they have.
- Where's The Online TV Search?
TV networks have started delivering deep inventories of video clips and longer-form videos online. That sounds great until you want to actually find something.
- SEW Experts: The Day the Agency Model Died
Endless possibilities might not be the best way to label the latest round of partnership redefining. It will end, just maybe not how the agencies would like.
- SEW Experts: The New Age of Search Marketing
One of the more misunderstood parts about the Web environment today is just how much the user is in control.
- Hospitality Social Media Marketing: Influence Critical Customer Reviews
More and more search marketers lay awake at night, in pools of sweat, freaking out about losing brand control in light of user-generated content.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Five Getting-Started Blog Questions, ClickZ Experts
- Microsoft Signs WSJ Digital for Contextual and Search Ads, ClickZ News
- Net Income Down in Q4 and 2007, Yahoo Promises Profound Changes in '08, ClickZ News
- The 19-Hour Website Analysis, in 20 Minutes or Less, E-Marketing Performance
- Twitter Packs- a Way to Share Interests, Chris Brogan
- The Big B2B PPC Mistake, Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Reputation Management: Setting & Managing Expectations, Search Engine Land
- SEO Tools: Firefox Addons for Search Engine Optimization, Online Marketing Blog
- How to Successfully Moderate a Conference Panel, A Comprehensive Guide, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- Dear Google: 2000 Called, It Wants Its Ad Format Back, Read/Write Web
- Why Most Public Relations Firms Aren't Great Social Media & Blogging Experts, SEM Clubhouse
- Be an SEO White Witch or Face Meltdown, aimClear
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!