Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google in Wall St. Matrix: Faces Red or Blue Pill Dilemma
The message from Wall St. to Google rang as clear as the opening bell today. Unfortunately for Google, it was finally "For Whom The Bell Tolls."
- Search Comes Full Circle?
Reading the search headlines these days, it may seem like we've gone a long way to get right back where we started: human-generated search.
- Google's Marissa Mayer Looks Beyond Universal Search to Social Search
In an interview with VentureBeat, Google VP Marissa Mayer says that social search is one avenue Google is pursuing to improve relevance in future iterations of its search engine.
- Search Marketers Share Their 2008 Wish Lists
We asked several search marketers what they would most like to see from search engines in 2008.
- CrazyEgg: New Free SEM/SEO Analytics Tool Blows My Mind
CrazyEgg analyzes site visitor behavior in ways I didn't think possible -- and presents the results in a strikingly powerful, engaging manner.
- SEW Experts: Recession-Proof Your Business by Building Links
Can you feel the nervousness in the business community? Even search -- the golden child of marketing -- has been getting pushed around by the market.
- SEW Experts: How To Educate Search Staff from Scratch
Educating employees in SEO and PPC marketing can seem impossible when they have no search background.
- Is EU Softening On Online Activites, Acquisitions
Seems the European Union is becoming more sensitive to the workings of the internet. Recent rulings have changed their once strong position about its impact on Europe and its people.
- Yahoo Strategy from the Yahoo Magic 8 Ball?
Here are the 5 most important questions Wall St. analysts asked and Yahoo executives answered about Search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Online Auto Advertisers Can Learn From Real Estate, Travel, ClickZ Experts
- Seevast Builds Vertical Ad Networks with Hybrid Ad, Content Distribution Unit, ClickZ News
- As Consolidation Wave Settles in, Baby AQuantives Keep Hatching, ClickZ News
- How To Tell A Prospective PPC Client their Paid Search SUCKS!, SEM Geek
- Reality Check - Social Media Advertising, Webmama
- Zvents makes Local Search pop!, Software Abstractions
- Making a Good Impression With About Us Pages, Search Engine Land
- 5 Reasons Why Rankings Are A Poor Measure Of Success, Search Engine Land
- Google's Marissa Mayer: Social search is the future, Venture Beat
- 11 Experts on Link Development Speak Out, Sugarrae
- Is SEO Possible Without Inbound Links?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is Influencer Theory Garbage?, SEO Book
- Search and Traditional Marketing, Ramblings About SEO
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!