Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Wants to Buy Yahoo: Convergence, Continued
There have been rumors of late about some sort of Microsoft/Yahoo hookup -- and here it is. Microsoft just tendered a $31/share bid for Yahoo. All of Yahoo.
- Paid Search Advertising Drives Microsoft Bid for Yahoo
More relevant search results and social media innovations won't solve the problem of Google's dominance in paid search advertising.
- MSN and Yahoo Merged: How Would It All Mash Up?
Aside from the potential effect on Yahoo/MS investors and the American Economy (which will be reported on ad nauseum), the implications for the search marketing industry could be massive and exciting.
- Yahoo Board, Sans Semel, to Consider Microsoft Bid
Former CEO and chairman Terry Semel stepped down as chairman last night.
- The Other Side of the MS/Yahoo Deal
What would this merger mean in term of a search experience, organic results and news content?
- Super Bowl Advertisers Mostly Unprepared, Search-wise
Advertisers pony up big bucks to create and air an ad during the Super Bowl, then fail to prepare for the inevitable searches for their company and ads.
- SEW Experts: Why All Links Are Paid Links in the Travel Trade
The paid links debate isn't so black and white. The question of what truly constitutes a paid link, and what qualifies as advertising, will continue to be a huge point of contention.
- SEW Experts: Rewriting URLs: SEO for CMS, E-Commerce, and Dynamic Sites
There's as much confusion and controversy surrounding URL rewriting as Darwin's theory of evolution.
- SEW Experts: Optimizing the Planet: SEO on a Global Scale
When building an SEO team to provide global services, it's necessary to recruit skilled, multilingual SEO experts -- no easy task.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Microsoft Stuns Industry with $44.6 Billion Bid for Yahoo, ClickZ News
- Yahoo's Revamped AT&T Deal Aligns with Display Ad Network Goal, ClickZ News
- More Ways Than Ever for Big Game Watchers to Vote on Ads, ClickZ News
- Nonprofits, Google Grants, and Search, ClickZ Experts
- The Average Conversion Rate: Is It a Myth?, ClickZ Experts
- Zvents Launches New Local Search, Local SEO Guide
- Local Search - The Business Model, Convert Offline
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.