Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo! Acquires FoxyTunes
While all eyes are still focused on Microsoft's proposed purchase of Yahoo, Yahoo has already made its first (real) acquisition of 2008 by picking up Israeli-based FoxyTunes.
- Boost Organic Results. Link Build with Social Media
There are hundreds of social communities other than blogs. These niche' player-communities can be terrific venues to engage readers of similar ilk, make friends, drive focused micro-busts of traffic, and build links.
- Microsoft-Yahoo: No Mention of Publisher Deals
With all the news about Microhoo, no one's mentioned how current content deals with publishers might change -- for better or worse.
- Breaking News: New Leadership at Efficient Frontier
Search engine marketing firm Efficient Frontier today appointed Ellen Siminoff chairman of the board and named president James Beriker as the new CEO and director.
- SEW Experts: Don't Waste Money on a So-Called SEO Specialist?
A publication sent to American Express small business cardholders suggests that SEO is a waste of money.
- SEW Experts: 4 Ways Google AdWords Can Increase Small Business Profits
Carrie Hill outlines four key areas most new-to-PPC marketers overlook that cost them money.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Web Analytics: Insights From the Front Line, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- AOL Buys Widget Tech Firm to Boost App Ads and Analytics, ClickZ News
- News Corp Not Interested in Buying Yahoo, ClickZ News
- When Linking Experts Go Underground, Search Engine Land
- Forget the Tail - Focus on the Head for SEM, Webmama
- PageRank Is The Primary Google Search Ranking Factor, Andy Beard
- How Long Does it Take to Rank in Google? How Many Hours do I Have to Work Each Day?, SEO Book
- Why Didn't Microsoft Try to Buy Google?, SEO-space
- The Convergence of Online and Offline Networking, SiteLogic
- Marketers in a Social Network World, Chris Brogan
- 9 Ways to Stand Out As A Conference or Tradeshow Speaker, Influential Marketing Blog
- 5 Worst Practices in Web Analytics, Web Analytics World
- Mysterious Google Interface Design, SEO by the Sea
- Super Bowl Ads: 2008 Was No 1984, Conversation Agent
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!