Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo! Acquires FoxyTunes
While all eyes are still focused on Microsoft's proposed purchase of Yahoo, Yahoo has already made its first (real) acquisition of 2008 by picking up Israeli-based FoxyTunes.
- Boost Organic Results. Link Build with Social Media
There are hundreds of social communities other than blogs. These niche' player-communities can be terrific venues to engage readers of similar ilk, make friends, drive focused micro-busts of traffic, and build links.
- Microsoft-Yahoo: No Mention of Publisher Deals
With all the news about Microhoo, no one's mentioned how current content deals with publishers might change -- for better or worse.
- Breaking News: New Leadership at Efficient Frontier
Search engine marketing firm Efficient Frontier today appointed Ellen Siminoff chairman of the board and named president James Beriker as the new CEO and director.
- SEW Experts: Don't Waste Money on a So-Called SEO Specialist?
A publication sent to American Express small business cardholders suggests that SEO is a waste of money.
- SEW Experts: 4 Ways Google AdWords Can Increase Small Business Profits
Carrie Hill outlines four key areas most new-to-PPC marketers overlook that cost them money.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Web Analytics: Insights From the Front Line, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- AOL Buys Widget Tech Firm to Boost App Ads and Analytics, ClickZ News
- News Corp Not Interested in Buying Yahoo, ClickZ News
- When Linking Experts Go Underground, Search Engine Land
- Forget the Tail - Focus on the Head for SEM, Webmama
- PageRank Is The Primary Google Search Ranking Factor, Andy Beard
- How Long Does it Take to Rank in Google? How Many Hours do I Have to Work Each Day?, SEO Book
- Why Didn't Microsoft Try to Buy Google?, SEO-space
- The Convergence of Online and Offline Networking, SiteLogic
- Marketers in a Social Network World, Chris Brogan
- 9 Ways to Stand Out As A Conference or Tradeshow Speaker, Influential Marketing Blog
- 5 Worst Practices in Web Analytics, Web Analytics World
- Mysterious Google Interface Design, SEO by the Sea
- Super Bowl Ads: 2008 Was No 1984, Conversation Agent
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.