Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Social Media Could Thrive In a Recession, Says Forrester
A report from Forrester out today says this time online and social media marketing could escape budget cuts if a recession does emerge.
- Super Bowl Advertisers Fumble on SEO
The advertisers who spent millions on TV airtime during Super Bowl 42 should have spent a little more of their budget on basic search engine optimization.
- Yahoo Desperately Seeking Suitor
With limited options, Yahoo board members face increased pressure to accept Microsoft's hostile bid.
- SEW Experts: How to Engage Customers in Search Marketing
Relationships between businesses and customers are changing. Search marketing can no longer operate in a vacuum, but is just a part of the bigger marketing picture.
- SEW Experts: 2008: Google, Yahoo and MSN Join Together
This just in: Microsoft, Google and Yahoo have agreed to combine forces to create MicroGooHoo, a universally accessible platform to provide clearly unbiased information access points for all humanity. Or maybe not.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- In Defense of Narrow-Minded SEM Shops, ClickZ Experts
- Using Behavioral Targeting to Survive and Thrive in a Weakened Economy, ClickZ Experts
- Adapting to Consumer-Controlled Surveillance, ClickZ Experts
- How to Uncover the Fundamental Information Necessary To Plan A Strategically Successful SEO Campaign, Part I, Search Engine Guide
- Link Building Sucks! Here's What You Need To Do About It, Cape Cod SEO
- The Butterfly Growth Model, Skelliewag
- 5 Ways to Build Amazing Client Karma (And Boost Your Business), Freelance Switch
- How To Interpret What Your Clients Want, SEO Chicks
- Super Bowl Ads Still Missing the Online Picture, SearchViews
- LinkedIn Announces New Research Platform, O'Reilly Radar
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!