Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Social Media Could Thrive In a Recession, Says Forrester
A report from Forrester out today says this time online and social media marketing could escape budget cuts if a recession does emerge.
- Super Bowl Advertisers Fumble on SEO
The advertisers who spent millions on TV airtime during Super Bowl 42 should have spent a little more of their budget on basic search engine optimization.
- Yahoo Desperately Seeking Suitor
With limited options, Yahoo board members face increased pressure to accept Microsoft's hostile bid.
- SEW Experts: How to Engage Customers in Search Marketing
Relationships between businesses and customers are changing. Search marketing can no longer operate in a vacuum, but is just a part of the bigger marketing picture.
- SEW Experts: 2008: Google, Yahoo and MSN Join Together
This just in: Microsoft, Google and Yahoo have agreed to combine forces to create MicroGooHoo, a universally accessible platform to provide clearly unbiased information access points for all humanity. Or maybe not.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- In Defense of Narrow-Minded SEM Shops, ClickZ Experts
- Using Behavioral Targeting to Survive and Thrive in a Weakened Economy, ClickZ Experts
- Adapting to Consumer-Controlled Surveillance, ClickZ Experts
- How to Uncover the Fundamental Information Necessary To Plan A Strategically Successful SEO Campaign, Part I, Search Engine Guide
- Link Building Sucks! Here's What You Need To Do About It, Cape Cod SEO
- The Butterfly Growth Model, Skelliewag
- 5 Ways to Build Amazing Client Karma (And Boost Your Business), Freelance Switch
- How To Interpret What Your Clients Want, SEO Chicks
- Super Bowl Ads Still Missing the Online Picture, SearchViews
- LinkedIn Announces New Research Platform, O'Reilly Radar
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!