Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Courts Need Consensus on Trademark Law and Search
There's a bit of confusion in the courts surrounding keyword advertising, and overall search engine marketing issues.
- What Do Users Get on Google News Local Search? Zip.
Google Local News search may not be canceled like the 90210 TV series, but it's not ready for primetime.
- Aches & Pains Map Shows Where It Hurts: Yahoo-Microsoft and Google
The Aches and Pains Index map graphically depicts areas of higher or lower levels of weather-related pain, but seems to fit today's search engine climate as well.
- SEW Experts: Coffee, Tea, or Link Love?
Developing links for a business-to-business (B2B) site can be a challenge.
- SEW Experts: Why Search is Still Prehistoric - Part 2
Many search marketers were disappointed with the Yahoo Panama release, finding it to be more of a catch-up to Google than a leap forward.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Recession Proof: How to Help Your Customer During a Downturn, ClickZ Experts
- In Deal with Loopt, CBS Mobile to Sell Location-Based Ads, ClickZ News
- IAB to Unveil Lead Gen Guidelines for Publishers, ClickZ News
- Super Bowl Ads No Longer Stand Alone, ClickZ Experts
- The Message Is the Medium, ClickZ Experts
- Strike business gold in local search, iMedia Connection
- I Jeff Quipp Am Not an SEO ... I'm an Authority Builder, Search Engine People
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!