Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Courts Need Consensus on Trademark Law and Search
There's a bit of confusion in the courts surrounding keyword advertising, and overall search engine marketing issues.
- What Do Users Get on Google News Local Search? Zip.
Google Local News search may not be canceled like the 90210 TV series, but it's not ready for primetime.
- Aches & Pains Map Shows Where It Hurts: Yahoo-Microsoft and Google
The Aches and Pains Index map graphically depicts areas of higher or lower levels of weather-related pain, but seems to fit today's search engine climate as well.
- SEW Experts: Coffee, Tea, or Link Love?
Developing links for a business-to-business (B2B) site can be a challenge.
- SEW Experts: Why Search is Still Prehistoric - Part 2
Many search marketers were disappointed with the Yahoo Panama release, finding it to be more of a catch-up to Google than a leap forward.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Recession Proof: How to Help Your Customer During a Downturn, ClickZ Experts
- In Deal with Loopt, CBS Mobile to Sell Location-Based Ads, ClickZ News
- IAB to Unveil Lead Gen Guidelines for Publishers, ClickZ News
- Super Bowl Ads No Longer Stand Alone, ClickZ Experts
- The Message Is the Medium, ClickZ Experts
- Strike business gold in local search, iMedia Connection
- I Jeff Quipp Am Not an SEO ... I'm an Authority Builder, Search Engine People
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!