Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Courts Need Consensus on Trademark Law and Search
There's a bit of confusion in the courts surrounding keyword advertising, and overall search engine marketing issues.
- What Do Users Get on Google News Local Search? Zip.
Google Local News search may not be canceled like the 90210 TV series, but it's not ready for primetime.
- Aches & Pains Map Shows Where It Hurts: Yahoo-Microsoft and Google
The Aches and Pains Index map graphically depicts areas of higher or lower levels of weather-related pain, but seems to fit today's search engine climate as well.
- SEW Experts: Coffee, Tea, or Link Love?
Developing links for a business-to-business (B2B) site can be a challenge.
- SEW Experts: Why Search is Still Prehistoric - Part 2
Many search marketers were disappointed with the Yahoo Panama release, finding it to be more of a catch-up to Google than a leap forward.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Recession Proof: How to Help Your Customer During a Downturn, ClickZ Experts
- In Deal with Loopt, CBS Mobile to Sell Location-Based Ads, ClickZ News
- IAB to Unveil Lead Gen Guidelines for Publishers, ClickZ News
- Super Bowl Ads No Longer Stand Alone, ClickZ Experts
- The Message Is the Medium, ClickZ Experts
- Strike business gold in local search, iMedia Connection
- I Jeff Quipp Am Not an SEO ... I'm an Authority Builder, Search Engine People
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!