Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Israeli Town Suing Google
Google is being sued by a northern Israeli town because Google Maps claims it was built on an old Arab village.
- What's it Really Like to Work at Google?
Google Analytics Evangelist Avinash Kaushik shares what it's like to work at Google, hang out with the beautiful people, dream in color, and manufacture atomic-powered ideas from intellectual metal.
- Another AOL Exec Leaves
AOL says aloha to strategic ad exec Dave Morgan, founder of AOL-acquired Tacoda.
- The adventure of going to SES London for the first time
About half of the attendees at the Search Engine Strategies 2008 Conference & Expo in London will be going to the event for the first time.
- Yahoo Formally Rejects Microsoft Bid
The board believes that Microsoft's proposal substantially undervalues Yahoo.
- SEW Experts: Google AdWords Targeting: Expect More, Pay Less
Google AdWords placement-targeted campaigns on the content network can be a useful tool, if you can find the sites that support it.
- AOL Yahoo Talk Merger - Microsoft Rebuked
The i-banks are advising Yahoo on mergers with media and technology firms that might snatch Yang & Co. from the jaws of Microsoft.
- Yahoo Board Escapes MS Bear Hug: Yahoo Jitsu!
Rumors are rife that Yahoo may tag out in search, tapping its former tag team partner, Google, to crush Microsoft.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search, That Was Mighty Sociable, ClickZ Experts
- Managing Your Career in Digital Advertising, ClickZ Experts
- Images In Blended Search, Ramblings About SEO
- What, Exactly, Are Google AdSense "Other" Relevancy Factors?, Search Engine Land
- Creating Firefox Quick Search Bookmarks, Sugarrae
- Diggbait, Linkbait, Flagship Content and Authority, Chris Garrett
- Is Search Marketing Different for Multinationals?, Mike Moran
- Wikimedia's 2007 Financials Posted, TechCrunch
- How Many Internet Marketers Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?, Hubspot
- Matt McGowan Interview: Lowdown on SES New York 2008, Online Marketing Blog
- NoFollow: An SEO Red Flag?, Search Engine Journal
- Link Building and Development Mistakes - Treetrunks and Houses on Stilts, Gray Wolf SEO
- Part One: What Is Yahoo! Answers?, Small Business SEM
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!