Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- You Must Be 21 to View This Site: Yahoo Searchlight Award
The third annual Yahoo Searchlight Award winner: "Partay" the whitest boys in the room hip-hop video promoting the responsible consumption of Smirnoff Raw Tea by search marketing firm Outrider.
- Yahoo OneSearch T-Mobile vs Google vs Nokia
The players change partners as the mobile phone is fast becoming the gateway to the Internet, Wireless Web and local search.
- Find Your Dream Job with the New SEW Job Boards
If you're reading Search Engine Watch, it's likely that your skills are in demand, or soon will be, if you're just starting out. To help you make the most of your search marketing skills, we've launched the Search Engine Watch Job Board.
- SEW Experts: High Performance SEO Requires Fast Load Times
Many large companies assume that site speed isn't very important to the overall user experience, but they'd be wrong.
- SEW Experts: Microsoft Responds to Yahoo: a Micro, Who Cares?
Who wins or loses the Microhoo battle won't change the mission of most search marketers: helping clients or employers acquire leads and customers, and generating online sales.
- SEW Experts: SEO Outsourcing: Don't! Until You Read This
One basic rule in life: it's difficult to buy things you don't understand. SEO can be difficult to understand, especially for marketing folks who'd rather put the search budget into PPC campaigns.
- One basic rule in life: it's difficult to buy things you don't understand. SEO can be difficult to understand, especially for marketing folks who'd rather put the search budget into PPC campaigns
CNN will soon launch iReport.com for citizen journalists. News sharing is a natural next step, because people already send far more videos and images than CNN could ever show online or on air.
- Microsoft Won't Take "No" for an Answer
Microsoft made it clear that it would continue with its plans to acquire Yahoo, one way or another.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Solutions for Yahoo (Besides Microsoft's Money), ClickZ Experts
- The Technology of Connections, ClickZ Experts
- Holding Agencies Accountable, ClickZ Experts
- Online Advertising Grows by 27 Percent in 2007, IDC Says, ClickZ News
- Link analysis done right, SEO Theory
- Forrester: Blow your money on social marketing, E-Consultancy
- Google Webmaster Team's Booklet, Beu Blog
- What is your web analytics communication strategy?, Web Analytics Demystified
- Spare The Rod, Spoil The Client, SEM Portland
- Web traffic - an offline example, SiteMost
- How You Shouldn't Ask for a Link, Search Engine Roundtable
- Do You Recognize Today's (tomorrow's) Affiliate Marketer?, John Andrews
- SEO Request for Proposal RFP, Vizion Interactive
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.