Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Layoffs Top 1,000 Employees in U.S.
Yahoo layoffs may top 1,000 employees before the U.S. mass layoff ends.
- Largest Legal Vertical Search Engine Launches: Public Library of Law
The world's largest legal vertical search engine launched today in a partnership with legal research provider Fastcase.
- Doodle 4 Google: Artsy-Craftsy March Madness
Google pits kindergarteners against high school seniors in a Darwinian graphic arts contest to design a Google logo.
- YouTube Channel launched for SES London 2008
The television writers strike drove a record number of restive viewers to the Internet in December.
- UK search marketing survey goes live
Online publisher E-consultancy in conjunction with search agency Neutralize (*\*) are conducting follow up research to last year's UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report.
- SEW Experts: Landing Page Optimization Defined for SEM
Search marketers need to be concerned about landing page optimization because it can multiply the impact of your search marketing campaigns.
- SEW Experts: The Search Monopoly Transforms
Google, Yahoo, and MSN have been going at it like cats and dogs in the press. Much of the hype surrounding the three tech powerhouses coming together in the United States centers around a monopoly discussion.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Chicken Soup for the SEO Soul, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media: Made for a Recession, ClickZ Experts
- Yahoo Boosts European Mobile Search Presence with T-Mobile Deal, ClickZ News
- Yahoo Acquires Maven, Video Syndie and Ad Firm, ClickZ News
- Behavioral Targeting: Paving the Way to Integrated Marketing, ClickZ Experts
- How 404 pages work in Google Toolbar Beta 5, Matt Cutts
- Sophistication Will Be Search Industry's New Master, AttentionMax
- Update your crawler detection: MSN/Live Search announces msnbot/1.1, Sebastian's Pamphlets
- “SEO Building Permits” - An SEO's Presence Throughout A Design Project can Prevent Expensive Tear-Outs, Finding the Sweet Spot
- Online Reputation Management, Ethical or Not?, Fionn Downhill
- Pepperjam Announces Exclusive Launch of Search-Engine Strategies (SES) Affiliate Program on Pepperjam Network, Pepperjam
- Drupal SEO in under 5 minutes, Brian Chappell
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!