Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AOL to Distribute Citysearch Content, Ads
Amidst all the secret talks of mergers and deals between the top search players, AOL and IAC have agreed to a distribution deal.
- Adult Films Vivid Asks Google, Yahoo to Protect Kids
Vivid CEO Steven Hirsch, speaking at Yale University, will call on Google and Yahoo to take measures to keep explicit material from children, according to a company press release.
- Yahoo Mails Letter to Shareholders: Full Text
Yahoo mailed a letter to shareholders outlining the reasons the Board believes Microsoft's proposal significantly undervalues Yahoo and isn't in the best interests of Yahoo stockholders.
- SEW Experts: Search Engine Marketing Career Development
Why would anyone want to become an SEM professional? Well, it's a hot, growing, in-demand field, and everyone wants a piece of it.
- SEW Experts: SEOs, Don't Just Do Something, Sit There!
The Internet has changed everything for everyone. If you don't believe and act on that, you won't survive, plain and simple.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Local Searchers Hunt for Ideas, Not Categories, ClickZ Experts
- Some Yahoos Jump, Some Are Pushed as Layoffs Commence, ClickZ News
- Placecast Offers Location-Based Targeting, with a Twist, ClickZ News
- The Inconvienent Truth About Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Land
- 7 Things I Love About Small Business SEO, Search Engine Land
- 5 Lesser Known Google Analytics Features, Online Marketing Blog
- Death of SEO Transparency, Search Engine Journal
- Social Media Tactics Series: Reaching the Spectators, PR-Squared
- New to Analytics?, Endless Plain
- SEO: An SEO Red Flag?, The Mad Hat
- Link Building - One of the Best ROI Tactics of 2007 - Study Shows, Linkworth
- 37% of Google AdSense Publishers Earned Over a $1,000 in 2007, Search Engine Roundtable
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!