Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Win a Free Pass to SES New York with the SES Affiliate Program
If you're planning on going, you probably want to tell your clients, readers, and friends. To make that worth your while, we've teamed up with Pepperjam Network to create the Search Engine Strategies Affiliate Program.
- Seven reasons to slip over to Islington for SES London
So, why would you want to slip over to Islington for a few days to attend Search Engine Strategies London? Let me give you seven serious reasons.
- SEW Experts: Google PageRank: Simplified
Google's PageRank may be the single most divisive element in the search optimization game.
- SEW Experts: The Great Nofollow Link Debate of '08
What started as a way to stop comment spam three years ago has turned into one of the most controversial topics in search.
- SEW Experts: Universal Pictures: Optimizing Video for Search
We hear a lot about universal search and how it will keep SEO professionals on their toes with constantly evolving ranking algorithms. So how can local online advertisers take advantage of universal search?
- Google to Test Video Ads on SERPs
Marissa Mayer, Google's VP of search products and user experience, said that just as video ads are not effective on pages of text-based search results, text ads are not effective on search results with more multimedia elements, like Google's universal search results.
- Microsoft Shuffles Execs, Berkowitz to Exit
Microsoft packed a number of promotions and departures into the press release. Most notable among them is the departure of Steve Berkowitz, who left Ask.com to join Microsoft nearly two years ago.
- Tag your Photobucket , Picasa and Flickr photos: SES London 2008
If you're going to Search Engine Strategies London next week, bring your camera or cameraphone, and don't forget to tag them with "SES London 2008."
- YouTube New Features - A Marketer's Perspective
It's been an interesting week for YouTube this week--especially for those of us working in SMO or SMM (social media marketing), who spend our days marketing clients through YouTube videos.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Gets Creative, ClickZ Experts
- Vote Now for the Future of Search, ClickZ Experts
- Newest Newspaper Ad Network Attempt Raises Same Old Questions, ClickZ News
- Microsoft Reorg: Berkowitz Out, McAndrews Adds Duties, ClickZ News
- AOL Deal with Citysearch to Boost Local Ads for Platform A, ClickZ News
- EU Regulators Could Toughen Restrictions on Search Data Storage, ClickZ News
- The Ultimate Visual Guide to Google Ads and Formats, Clix Marketing
- The New Basics of Marketing, Inc.com
- Fredrick Marckini iProspect Exclusive SEO Interview with Dan Horton, DaveN
- Fool's Gold Link Exchange for Local Search Domination, aimClear
- Stop Waiting for SEO Heroes and Make Great Stuff, Finding the Sweet Spot
- The Kinds of Search PPC Arbitrage That Are Not Dying, SEO Book
- New White Paper Released - SEO for Wordpress Blogs, Blizzard Internet Marketing
- SEO Metrics - Search engine marketing metrics, SEO Theory
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!