Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Engine Strategies London – Day Two
Search Engine Strategies London has wrapped up Day Two and the 2,000 attendees have adjourned until this morning. Meanwhile, the bloggers, videographers and photographers covering SES London have posted another batch of blog posts, YouTube videos and Flickr photos.
- Google Tightens Restrictions on AdWords Display URLs
Beginning April 1, Google will no longer make exceptions to its policy requiring advertisers to match the display URL in an AdWords ad to the landing page to which it leads.
- Microsoft-Yahoo Fight Heats Up
Microsoft's unsolicited bid to acquire Yahoo is heading down an unpleasant path. This week, Microsoft is reportedly undertaking a proxy fight, sending letters directly to shareholders to garner enough support to oust Yahoo's board of directors and replace them with a merger-friendly board.
- SEW Experts: Landing Page Optimization for SEM: Design and Execute
As a search marketer, you need to understand landing page optimization because it impacts your results. Higher conversion means a bigger impact for everything you do with search, and the availability of more dollars to invest back into search marketing.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Around the Horn With the Big Three Engines, ClickZ Experts
- Privacy and Behavioral Targeting: How Much Data Is Too Much?, ClickZ Experts
- The research skills killer, Information World Review
- Local Search in London: Andrew Day Evangelizes Online, The Kelsey Group
- SEO for Businesses With Multiple Locations In The Same City, Local SEO Guide
- Latest Interview: Avinash Kaushik, Ramblings About SEO
- Just Give Me a Search Engine That Competes!, Bruce Clay Blog
- Local Search Must Be A Priority Bruce Clay Blog
- Local Search: Defining Your Place in Local Markets, SEO-space
- The YouTube vs. Google Key Phrase Test, Fathom SEO
- Internet Marketing Plan, Dixon Jones
- David Mihm - Local SEO Interview 2, SEO Igloo
- Lowering The Google Red Flag - Sidestep The Cash Hungry Bull, Andy Beard
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.