Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Says, "You Like Me, Right Now, You Really Like Me"
Like Sally Field, Yahoo recently felt the love and respect of "the academy" -- Keynote Academy. They earned #1 Keynote rankings for “Search Assistance and Suggestions” and "Homepage Appeal."
- The Tao of Crafting Strategic SEM Partnerships
Every professional needs someone. This timeless axiom is especially relevant to both those who consume and those who provide search marketing services.
- Google's Brin Calls a Microsoft-Yahoo Tie-up "Unnerving"
Yesterday Google co-founder Sergey Brin described the Internet doomsday scenario if Microsoft wins its Yahoo takeover bid.
- SEW Experts: The Ginsu Guide to Search Analytics
The ability to track online (and in many cases offline) advertising to offline conversions has been the biggest hurdle in measuring ROI for many Web-based or Web-involved businesses.
- SEW Experts: How to Market Your Search Engine Agency - Part 2
Although we're in the business of marketing, there are many different things to consider when writing your own marketing plan.
- SEW Experts: How Search Marketing Slays Seasonality in Travel
The most sophisticated advertisers in online travel rely on years, even decades of data collection and analysis to formulate their marketing plans.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- European Regulators Delay Verdict on Search Data Storage, ClickZ News
- Error Page Best Practices, ClickZ Experts
- PPC Search: Create, Influence, Capture, and Harvest Demand, ClickZ Experts
- Lessons Learned from the Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World Contest, Greg Boser
- Avoiding SEO Brain Freeze Part One - Hunting For Keyword Phrases, TalentZoo
- SEO Shenanigans Pose a Clear and Present Danger to Social Media, Micropersuasion
- Adwords' New "Automatic Matching" - Don't Fall For This!, SEO Fast Start
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.