Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Flickr photo sharing awards for SES London 2008
Search Engine Strategies London wrapped up last week and the 2,000 attendees have returned to work with a new understanding of how Google's universal search is incorporating images as well as videos, news, maps, books, and websites into a single set of results.
- Media Spend on Search, Verticals, Continues to Grow
Search made up 31 percent of the $735 million in media billings in 2007 by Microsoft-owned Avenue A | Razorfish, second only to ads on vertical sites at 39 percent of spending.
- Kelsey Group Predicts Growth in Interactive, Directional Ads
Interactive advertising revenue in the U.S. will grow from $22.5 billion in 2007 to $62.4 billion by 2012, according to a new Kelsey Group report.
- SEW Experts: Google AdWords Contextual Advertising Mystery Solved
Readers have tried running placement-targeted campaigns, and found many AdSense publisher sites don't seem to be available to them. David Szetela shares a way to work around issues with Google's discovery tool.
- How It Came To This: Virals vs. Microsoft
Microsoft's Kevin Johnson e-mailed his team detailing Microsoft's interest in the Yahoo merger, and the benefits the company and its employees will gain if the deal goes through.
- SEO Shenanigans Bury Digg, Trip StumbleUpon, Poison Delicio.us?
Steve Rubel comes out against "SEO shenanigans" and their corruption of social media in his Micropersuasion blog.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Smaller Sites Scored in 2007 as Pricier Portals Snubbed, ClickZ News
- Local.com Has High Hopes for Beefed Up Sales Team, ClickZ News
- Blogging for Search Engine Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Atlas Unveils Multi-Channel Attribution, ClickZ News
- Steve Rubel Attacks SEO's Use of Social Media - The Pot Calling the Kettle Black?, Marketing Pilgrim
- The 3 "Impossible" Conversations for Corporations, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- Give Google your feedback on NOINDEX, but read this pamphlet beforehand!, Sebastian's Pamphlets
- The final nail in the coffin of sponsored blog themes, BlogStorm
- New Yahoo Buzz Screenshot Preview, North Rock
- Interview of Nicholas Carr on The Big Switch, Blogging, & the Internet, SEO Book
- Search Engine Strategies Conference in New York (SES NYC), Johnon
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.