Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- "Googlewash" Is Googlewashed by Online Reputation Defenders
Googlewashing now appears to be the domain of online reputation management companies.
- Google News UK Sorting News Without Bias?
Can the flap of a butterfly's wings in the Googleplex set off a tornado in the top UK news and media sites?
- SEW Experts: The TV Writers -- And the Buzz -- Are Back
The end of the TV writers' strike holds some meaningful lessons for search marketers.
- Spamalot? Yahoo! Buzz Is Not Your Holy Grail
Yahoo! Buzz promises to squash spammers with a team of spam cops: the Yahoo! Buzz Editors.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Content Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media Metrics, ClickZ Experts
- Denuo to Advise Blinkx on Video Search and Network Ads, ClickZ News
- Otto Digital's Mendez Launches Optimization, Marketing Firm, ClickZ News
- SMX West Day Two Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Lessons Learned As An In-House SEO Consultant, Search Engine Land
- Leveraging Search To Meet B2B Challenges, Search Engine Land
- Google's Ranking Advice in Blended Search at SMX West, Natural Search Blog
- Search Marketing Tips from Online Marketing Heroes, Online Marketing Blog
- Analyzing Your Competitor's Backlinking Strategies, Search Engine Journal
- Microsoft Picks Up Israeli Ad-Targetting Software Startup YaData for a Reported $20 Million to $30 Million, TechCrunch
- "Your Company + Sucks" is Your Worst Enemy, or Best Friend, Search Engine Guide
- Searching for Better On-Site Search Usability, Search Engine Guide
- Shaking Out the Bad Websites in Google, John Andrews
- How many angles are you looking at keyword research from?, Jennifer Slegg
- Yahoo! Loses Mobile Giant Opera to Google; Did Google Just Buy a Mobile Browser?, Read/Write Web
- Information About the Class Settlement in the MIVA (FindWhat) & Lycos Click Fraud Case, The Alchemy of Search
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!