Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- "Googlewash" Is Googlewashed by Online Reputation Defenders
Googlewashing now appears to be the domain of online reputation management companies.
- Google News UK Sorting News Without Bias?
Can the flap of a butterfly's wings in the Googleplex set off a tornado in the top UK news and media sites?
- SEW Experts: The TV Writers -- And the Buzz -- Are Back
The end of the TV writers' strike holds some meaningful lessons for search marketers.
- Spamalot? Yahoo! Buzz Is Not Your Holy Grail
Yahoo! Buzz promises to squash spammers with a team of spam cops: the Yahoo! Buzz Editors.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Content Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media Metrics, ClickZ Experts
- Denuo to Advise Blinkx on Video Search and Network Ads, ClickZ News
- Otto Digital's Mendez Launches Optimization, Marketing Firm, ClickZ News
- SMX West Day Two Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Lessons Learned As An In-House SEO Consultant, Search Engine Land
- Leveraging Search To Meet B2B Challenges, Search Engine Land
- Google's Ranking Advice in Blended Search at SMX West, Natural Search Blog
- Search Marketing Tips from Online Marketing Heroes, Online Marketing Blog
- Analyzing Your Competitor's Backlinking Strategies, Search Engine Journal
- Microsoft Picks Up Israeli Ad-Targetting Software Startup YaData for a Reported $20 Million to $30 Million, TechCrunch
- "Your Company + Sucks" is Your Worst Enemy, or Best Friend, Search Engine Guide
- Searching for Better On-Site Search Usability, Search Engine Guide
- Shaking Out the Bad Websites in Google, John Andrews
- How many angles are you looking at keyword research from?, Jennifer Slegg
- Yahoo! Loses Mobile Giant Opera to Google; Did Google Just Buy a Mobile Browser?, Read/Write Web
- Information About the Class Settlement in the MIVA (FindWhat) & Lycos Click Fraud Case, The Alchemy of Search
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.