Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- "Googlewash" Is Googlewashed by Online Reputation Defenders
Googlewashing now appears to be the domain of online reputation management companies.
- Google News UK Sorting News Without Bias?
Can the flap of a butterfly's wings in the Googleplex set off a tornado in the top UK news and media sites?
- SEW Experts: The TV Writers -- And the Buzz -- Are Back
The end of the TV writers' strike holds some meaningful lessons for search marketers.
- Spamalot? Yahoo! Buzz Is Not Your Holy Grail
Yahoo! Buzz promises to squash spammers with a team of spam cops: the Yahoo! Buzz Editors.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Content Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Social Media Metrics, ClickZ Experts
- Denuo to Advise Blinkx on Video Search and Network Ads, ClickZ News
- Otto Digital's Mendez Launches Optimization, Marketing Firm, ClickZ News
- SMX West Day Two Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Lessons Learned As An In-House SEO Consultant, Search Engine Land
- Leveraging Search To Meet B2B Challenges, Search Engine Land
- Google's Ranking Advice in Blended Search at SMX West, Natural Search Blog
- Search Marketing Tips from Online Marketing Heroes, Online Marketing Blog
- Analyzing Your Competitor's Backlinking Strategies, Search Engine Journal
- Microsoft Picks Up Israeli Ad-Targetting Software Startup YaData for a Reported $20 Million to $30 Million, TechCrunch
- "Your Company + Sucks" is Your Worst Enemy, or Best Friend, Search Engine Guide
- Searching for Better On-Site Search Usability, Search Engine Guide
- Shaking Out the Bad Websites in Google, John Andrews
- How many angles are you looking at keyword research from?, Jennifer Slegg
- Yahoo! Loses Mobile Giant Opera to Google; Did Google Just Buy a Mobile Browser?, Read/Write Web
- Information About the Class Settlement in the MIVA (FindWhat) & Lycos Click Fraud Case, The Alchemy of Search
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.