Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- 7 Ways Brands Can "Get Social"
Many brands are wary of exposing themselves on social media sites, but as anyone who's been involved in social media for more than five minutes knows, they're too late.
- Schedule optimization for SES New York
The biggest Search Engine Strategies conference of the year will be held the week of March 17 in New York City.
- Yahoo Changes Minimum Bid Policy on Search Ads
Instead of setting all minimum bids at $0.10, Yahoo will now allow the market to set a variable minimum bid.
- SEW Experts: Google is an Optimist. Newspapers are Pessimists.
The Internet is a speeding freight train. If newspapers, and for that matter all traditional media, don't begin immediately to think drastically different, the train will pass them by.
- SEW Experts: Online SEO Training Options
There are both benefits and drawbacks to taking an online SEO training course.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- New Features and Phones Drive Local Mobile Ad Growth, ClickZ Experts
- Microsoft Acquires YaData for Customer Segmentation, ClickZ News
- Yahoo to Offer Behavioral Targeting on Newspaper Consortium Sites, ClickZ News
- Interactive Advertising Isn't Confined to the Web, ClickZ Experts
- SMX West Day Three Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Sitemaps.org Update: You Can Now Store Your XML Sitemap Files Anywhere!, Search Engine Land
- Are Yahoo and Yelp Dating?, Small Business SEM
- Does Your Site Have Sex Appeal?, Search Engine Land
- The Real Story: Why ComScore's Google Clicks are Flat, SEO Blackhat
- Yahoo: Microsoft Bid Has Been a Distraction, Search Engine Journal
- Google Finally Updates Webmaster Tools External Link Data: February 2008 Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Advanced SEO Course Review - SEMPO Institute, Online Marketing Blog
- We're Sorting Through Some Crazy Google/Yahoo Rumors, TechCrunch
- Keynote Conversation: Search 3.0, Search 4.0 & Beyond, Search Engine Roundtable
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!