Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Lagging On Indexing Sites?
Yahoo has had good conversion numbers for many of us, and if the efforts to add more content are not being recognized by Yahoo then time may be better spent improving existing pages.
- Would Ask be Ask?
If Ask dismantled its Teoma engine, would Ask still be Ask? The simple answer to this existential question is no.
- SEMPO Running Agency Salary Survey
Having successfully completed an in-house search marketers' salary survey, the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization is conducting an online salary survey of agency-based search marketers.
- Google Content Network Ads Performing Better?
Many agencies that advertise on Google's content network have seen improved results over the past six months.
- The Google Killer - comScore (SCOR) Doomsday Scenario
ComScore did what Yahoo, Microsoft, Facebook, and Digg only dreamed of. ComScore killed the search engine star.
- Google Yahoo MSN Live Sitemaps: Cross-Hosting Grokked by SEOs for SEOs
With sitemaps cross-hosting (or cross-submission), Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft cracked open the door for corporations to outsource search engine optimization.
- SEW Experts: Standards for SEO and SEM: The Time is Now
The question comes up often in search marketing circles: Is now the time for search engine marketing standards?
- SEW Experts: Drowning in Red Tape: SEO and Pharma Regulations
In many industries, regulatory issues can add considerable complexity to an SEO implementation. The challenge is not to let that complexity get in the way of a campaign's success.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- How to Prioritize Your Optimization, ClickZ Experts
- Affiliate PPC Brand Bidding: Right For You?, ClickZ Experts
- Surviving Your Competitors, Part 1, ClickZ Experts
- SMX West Day Three Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Andrew Shotland - Local SEO Interview 5, SEO Igloo
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!