Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- IM-NY SES Party Bash Info: Vote Which Charity Gets the Cash!
Each year coinciding with a major SEM conference, The Internet Marketers of New York throw a Manhattan bash to benefit a deserving charity.
- Does Page Layout Affect SEO?
Bill Slawski is reporting that Yahoo is joining the ranks of MSN and Google in an attempt to incorporate page layout into its web search algorithm.
- Compete Acquired by TNS
Today, London-based market research firm TNS announced its acquisition of web analytics and digital intelligence company, Compete Inc.
- Ad agencies should slide on down to SES New York
Whether you work at one of the top 10 ad agencies on Madison Avenue, or you head up an Internet advertising agency in Silicon Alley, you folks could use "a little churching up."
- 48 Practical Questions to Qualify Prospective Search Marketing Vendors
Don't Get Bamboozled! We've all heard anecdotes regarding the unfortunate results of under-qualified or downright deceptive SEM vendors.
- SEW Experts: Contextual Advertising Best Practices: Banners and Video Ads
Ready to step out of your contextual advertising comfort zone? The world of graphic and video advertising may seem scary at first, but the rewards can be huge.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Coordinating Organic, Paid Search Efforts, ClickZ Experts
- In Survey, Social Media Marketing Takes a Corner Office, ClickZ News
- DoubleClick to Power Vertical Ad Networks, ClickZ News
- The research skills killer, Information World Review
- Internet elevator heads for higher consciousness, Information World Review
- Danny Sullivan Tackles Search 3.0 and 4.0 in SMX West Keynote, Search Engine Land
- Mahalo : Like It or Not, It's a Good Service for Web Users, Search Engine Journal
- Canada, It's Time to Beat London! (SES Toronto is Coming, Traffick
- How to Prioritize Your Optimization, FutureNow
- comScore Paid Search Data & How The Sky Might Not Be Falling, Search Engine Land
- What's Google's Strategy?, Mike Moran
- The Importance of Page Layout in SEO, SEO by the Sea
- Microsoft Tracking Search and Browsing Behavior to Find Authoritative Pages, SEO by the Sea
- SMX West Session Coverage - Key Takeaways, SearchRank
- SMX West 2008 - Fast Debrief, Ramblings About SEO
- Trusting Wordpress Plugins and "SEO for Wordpress", John Andrews
- A Chat with Hakia's CEO Dr. Riza C. Berkan, Alt Search Engines
- Rumor: Microsoft about to unveil web-apps strategy, Rough Type
- Does search volume predict success?, Endless Plain
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!