Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- EU Approval of Google's DoubleClick Acquisition is Imminent
The EU is reportedly planning to approve Google's $3.1 billion acquisition of online advertising powerhouse DoubleClick.
- Google Serves Up Search Within Search Results
Yesterday, Google announced that it is rolling out its new Search within a Site feature. When searching for specific sites instead of keywords, users are able to conduct a secondary search of those sites within Google results.
- Ask.com Stands Behind Search
The reports of Ask.com's death have been exaggerated. Despite widely circulated reports to the contrary, Ask.com claims to be committed to search, and not just for middle-aged women in the Midwest.
- SEW Experts: Has Yahoo Lost Its Yodel?
It seems like only yesterday that Yahoo was the darling of the Web. Is Jerry Yang really ready to throw in the towel and partner with Microsoft?
- SEW Experts: SEO Link Building: Budget Stretcher for Online Retail and E-Commerce Sites
Let's face it: most e-commerce sites primarily consist of a shopping cart on steroids. Whether you're selling clothing, car parts, luggage, or even cameras, your approach to link development matters most.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Goodbye Ask.com: A Brand Evangelist Hangs It Up, Bruce Clay Blog
- Search Community Reaction to Ask.com New Search Strategy, Search Engine Roundtable
- Obit: A West Coast Digerati Deadpools Ask.com, Search Engine Land
- 7 Reasons We Will Miss Ask.com, Metamend
- Advertising.com Launches CPC-based Video Ad Product, ClickZ News
- Google Adds Analytics Support for Audio Ads, ClickZ News
- Are Consumers Warming Up to Mobile Ads?, ClickZ News
- Google Analytics Benchmarking Feature, Data Sharing & Audio Ad Charting, Search Engine Land
- Using Differentiators in Keyphrases: What Every Search Engine Optimization Company Needs to Know, Search Engine Guide
- Reviews and Ratings for SEM Companies, Marketing Pilgrim
- What a Bon Jovi Concert Can Teach You About Internet Marketing, Search Marketing Gurus
- 5 Common misconceptions about the Google Website Optimizer, SEO Scoop
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!