Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- World's First Search Engine for Meetings: Worktopia
The only thing worse than attending a corporate meeting is planning one. For those with the thankless job of planning corporate meetings, there's Worktopia.
- Yahoo Gets REAL About Job Searches
In an effort to improve access to job seekers and assist recruiters, Yahoo announced today the launch of "R.E.A.L., a patent pending search ranking system that is based on Relevance, Engagement, Availability and Location," for Hotjobs.
- How to (Actually) Earn Money (Now) with Social Media (Really): Part 1
Leveraging digital assets and hot social channels for long-term SEM benefit has now become SEO 101. However, your boss or client may need to be convinced that investing in another layer of content management system (CMS), content, and conversational networking WILL in fact yield measurable financial results soon.
- Microsoft Tries to Compete with OpenSocial
Microsoft has announced a partnership to create data portability across 5 social networking sites. Facebook, Bebo, Hi5, Tagged and LinkedIn are all part of the arrangement, which will "exchange functionally-similar Contacts APIs."
- Google, Yahoo & MySpace Team Up for OpenSocial
Yahoo, MySpace and Google have pledged their support to open standards for social media development and data by joining together to form the OpenSocial Foundation.
- Google's New Wifi Push Will Drive Mobile Search
There's unused "white space" lying between the regulated TV signals and Google has big plans for them. In new lobbying effort, Google is asking the FCC to auction the unused airwaves to establish faster internet access that has a wider reach. Expanding Wifi will have major implications for mobile search.
- Twitter: Welcome to my Google Nightmare
Twitter may give Google a run for its money. Twitter's one more way, though, that Google knows everything about you.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Change Your Address In The Google Plusbox In 5 Simple Steps, Search Engine Land
- Which Is Better - PPC or SEO? How One Company Increased Traffic 60% After Ditching PPC for SEO, Search Engine Guide
- Sorry Andy, You're Wrong: Google ‘Search Within A Site' Is A Big Deal, Ciaran Norris
- How to Analyze the Internal Power of Your Website, Search Engine Journal
- http://www.seomoz.org/dp/seo-industry-survey-results, SEOmoz
- Facebook Pages & Local Search Engine Optimization, Local SEO Guide
- The black art of web science, Information World Review
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!