Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Does Google Allow Good Google Bombs?
To some, it appears that Google has painted itself into a corner with its reliance on linking for its ranking algorithm. The lines between legitimate SEO, paid links, and Google bombs are becoming increasingly blurred.
- New Google Webmaster Tool Aids Robots.txt Creation
For the coding-challenged, creating a robots.txt file for instructing search engine spiders on the preferred way to crawl your site has not always been easy. Thankfully, Google has created a robots.txt generator as part of its Webmaster Tools.
- Wordtracker Enhance Their Free Trial Offer
The keyword research tool providers are offering a 1-week trial of their entire service and have released an accompanying 7 day video tutorial on how to get the best out of your Wordtracker account.
- SEW Experts: Social Media: One Size Does NOT Fit All
Spending time on linkbait or viral ideas can drive traffic to a site. However, if the same attention isn't given to preparing what to do with the traffic, the only remaining value is links, many of which don't pass juice.
- SEW Experts: What Matters Most to Travel Search Marketers in 2008?
Now that we're nearly through the first quarter, it's time to check in on the accuracy of the many predictions for the future of search.
- SEW Experts: The SEO Copywriter: Wordsmithing the Web
Combining both technological know-how and a strong command of the written word, agency SEO copywriters are the front-line troops of any SEO initiative.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- We Do Need SEO Standards, Lisa Barone
- 5 Tips on Social Media Advertising, Online Marketing Blog
- 10 Things To Expect from a Good SEO Firm, Ramblings About SEO
- Microsoft adCenter - Where's The Revenue?, Search Engine People
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!