Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- ChaCha Refocuses Business Model on Mobile Text Search
ChaCha is refocusing its business to center around its mobile voice and text search business.
- Microsoft to Stay Firm in Original Yahoo Offer
According to published reports, Microsoft is unlikely to raise its bid for Yahoo. It seems that Microsoft doesn't think Yahoo's recent projected revenues provide any reason to raise purchase price from the original $31 per share offer.
- SEW Experts: Should Your SEO Strategy Target the Head or the Long Tail?
If you're focused on ranking for that one major keyword, having a deep Web site full of great content is necessary to achieve authority in the eyes of the search engine.
- SEW Experts: Small Business SEM Takeaways from SES NY
Search Engine Strategies New York had something for everyone, including tips for small business marketers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Digital Marketing Optimization: Conversion, ClickZ Experts
- Internet Ad Spend Grows in 2007 as U.S. Lags Overall, ClickZ News
- Social Media Marketing Tactics and Resources, Online Marketing Blog
- Making Sense of the Numbers, Endless Plain
- Recessions Can Teach Valuable Marketing Lessons, Stepforth SEO
- Keeping Clients After the Bulk of the On-Page SEO Work Is Finished, Stephan Spencer
- Event-Based SEO - Fish Where The Fish Are, Local SEO Guide
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.