Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is Google Looking to Kill Affiliate Marketing?
Google had started their version of affiliate marketing some time ago with their CPA ads. But grabbing experienced affiliate marketing consultants could turn this into the hope they once saw in it.
- Recent Google Updates Have SEOs Scrambling
Like a celebrity sitting down with Barbara Walters, Google News has decided to clear up rumors surrounding how articles are included and ranked.
- Former Citysearch CEO Heads to Idearc
Former Citysearch CEO Briggs Ferguson has been tapped to become President of Internet/Web products and pay-for-performance advertising at Idearc.
- Yahoo Unveils Upgrades to Mobile Search Platform
Yahoo has announced upgrades to its mobile search platform, oneSearch. The 2.0 version of the service includes brand spankin new features to make searching on the go a little easier.
- Yahoo! also Loses Rock Star; Music VP Ian Rogers Moves to Start-up
Two months after acquiring FoxyTunes, and setting in place a bold new plan for Yahoo Music, Vice President Ian Rogers has resigned from Yahoo Music to join stealth start-up TopSpin Media.
- SEW Experts: Afraid to Link Out? Think Again
Both people and search engines place more value on information that cites multiple sources. By refusing to link to other sites you are harming your site's relevance and ability to gain links.
- SEW Experts: Don't Be Afraid of Social Media -- Your Customers Aren't
Savvy big brand marketers know that the junction of social media and e-commerce, or "Socialommerce," is the next big thing. But many are wary, and want to sit back and see how it plays out.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Data Assumptions, Part 1: The Big Three, ClickZ Experts
- Do You Need SEO Standards For Your Company?, Search Engine Land
- Diagnosing Site Infrastructure Issues: The Big List Of The Best Firefox Plugins, Vanessa Fox
- Is the Influence of Bloggers Overrated? Umm....No., Search Engine Guide
- Search Engine Marketing Bootcamp: Make Sure the Search Engines Can Read Your Site, Search Engine Guide
- Is Your SEO Firm Outsourcing Your Work?, Online Marketing Blog
- SEO Aware Wordpress Publishing, John Andrews
- The Only 4 Web Analysis Questions You Need, Digital Alex
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.