Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- News Flash: A Google Product Came Out of Beta!
Google has announced that its AdWords API is out of beta.
- European Group Wants to Cut Search Engine Data Storage
Almost a month after the EU approved Google's DoubleClick acquisition, officials from 27 EU nations have unanimously adopted a proposal that could force search engines to reduce the amount of time they store personal information.
- The Offline Benefits of Online Advertising
The offline effects of online advertising has been a curious issue in the search engine marketing industry over the years. But according to published reports, new study conducted by comScore is shedding more light on the issue.
- Yahoo Unveils Details of New AMP Advertising Platform
In the midst of firmly responding to Microsoft's ultimatum, Yahoo has released details of the new AMP advertising platform.
- Yahoo to Microsoft: We Already Dumped You
After Microsoft issued its ultimatum to Yahoo this weekend, giving them three more weeks before things get ugly, Yahoo's board of directors responded this morning, reminding Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer that it already rejected Microsoft's offer, and Yahoo still thinks Microsoft's offer is too low.
- Microsoft Gets Tired of Waiting
Microsoft is apparently tired of waiting for Yahoo to respond to its unsolicited takeover bid, and has issued a deadline of April 26 for Yahoo to come to terms on an acquisition agreement, or face a hostile takeover.
- SEW Experts: A Look at Demographic Bidding for AdWords
Google's new demographic bidding for content campaigns seems to promise much better control over where ads are served, and hence better ROI.
- How to (Actually) Earn Money (Now) with Social Media (Really): Part 2
Short term financial success in social media can be a multi-layered enigma, ranging somewhere between daunting and infuriating.
- HackerSafe & The Power of Trust
There are no universal truths about what to test on a landing page. However, there are common themes that work well across a range of industries. One of these is the use of trust and credibility indicators.
- Yahoo Names Ad Network Platform, Signals Summer Rollout, ClickZ News
- Spock.com Pacts With Google, Plays With Ad Networks, ClickZ News
- A Deeper Dive Into adCenter, ClickZ Experts
- The Future of Advertising: A Conversation With Jeff Einstein, Part 2, ClickZ Experts
- Average Search CPC Data by Category for March 2008, ClickZ Stats
- Spy On Competitors, But Don't Copy Their Mistakes, Search Engine Land
- SEO Standards Debate is Back - But Something's Missing, SEOmoz
- Google - Long Term Thinking in an ADD World, Marketing Pilgrim
- Using Site Search Keyword Data to Create Related Content, SEO Book
- Latest Interview: Kirsten Rasanen, Stone Temple Consulting
- New Compete.com search share numbers show surprising surge for Live Search, LiveSide.net
- Keyword Match Types, AdCenter Community
- Keyword Segments within the Conversion Funnel, Shimon Sandler
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
Search and traffic sourcing are both crucial to luring shoppers to your website. In this article, "2 Successful Holiday Strategies for Online Retail", you'll learn how to use a two-pronged approach for your holiday search campaigns that combine top keywords with the best referral sites. Data in this article comes from SimilarWeb.