Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Could the Term "SEO" Become Trademarked?
If you read the headline and thought it was just a teaser to get you to read this post, think again. SEOs really do have a new trademark issue to worry about.
- Google Responds to FTC's Self-Regulatory Principles
When concerns over data collection and behavioral advertising arise, it seems that the glass half empty people are the loudest. But in a recent response to the FTC's Self-Regulatory Principles, Google has pointed out the impact that online advertising has had on the economy.
- adCenter Advertiser Blog Explains Keyword Match Types
If you've been in need of an explanation of keyword match types for your PPC campaign, you're in luck. The adCenter Advertiser blog has published a post that offers up a detailed explanation of keyword match terms as well as some tips for your paid search strategy.
- March Search Market Share Numbers Begin to Trickle In
Search engine marketers love their data, so grab a cup of coffee and mull over the numbers released by Hitwise and Compete.com for the search market in March 2008.
- Types of Social Media Content - A Conceptual Overview
If social media success = 1/2 social network + 1/2 quality content ... an understanding of both social network building and content development is necessary.
- SEW Experts: How to Tell if Your Domain is Banned
Oftentimes it is difficult to tell whether a domain name is banned or penalized by a search engine. Or perhaps the domain name is neither banned, nor penalized. It could be, you just managed to screw up your site.
- SEW Experts: Keep the Lines of SEO Communication Open
In large organizations, development teams don't always retain what they've learned about SEO. Without regular communication about SEO issues, you're destined to repeat past mistakes.
- SEW Experts: Google Road Kill: Will the Pulitzer Prize Live to Be 100?
On the 92nd anniversary of the Pulitzer Prize, prizewinners and publishers are fiddling while the newspaper industry is burning.
- What Online Engagement Means to Your Web Site, ClickZ Experts
- New Index Reveals Surprising Ad Pricing Trends, ClickZ News
- No Optimizer Left Behind, Graywolf's SEO blog
- Introduction to Memetics: What is a Meme?, Dan Zarrella
- The Difference Between Rock Stars and Rockers, Social Media Butterfly
- Engagement: What Is It?, SiteLogic
- Engagement: What Is It?, Web Analytics Demystified
- Why Most SEOs Can't Do Reputation Management, Search Engine Journal
- Best of the Web Adds DMOZ Editors to Directory Team, Search Engine Journal
- Search Marketing By The Book, Search Insider
- Legitimate, Useful Subversion For Search Engine Marketers, Search Engine Land
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.