Less than a week after Microsoft released updates to Live Maps and Virtual Earth 3D, Google announces updates to its Google Earth product. The most anticipated update is the addition of Street View, previously available on Google Maps.
Here are more updates straight from the Official Google blog:
• New navigation includes improved zoom control, so you can swoop down from outer space to street level in a single seamless motion. And with the addition of the "look" joystick, you can look up at buildings or across a mountain range.
• More, faster 3D buildings - Navigate through a lot of new 3D content. Besides adding thousands of buildings contributed by people around the world, they've added dozens of photo-textured cities and towns in the U.S. and elsewhere.
• Street View - The popular and sometimes controversial Google Maps feature has now been integrated to Google Earth.
• Sunlight feature – Watch the sun rise over the Alps, for example.
• New languages - 12 new languages are included in the update and they are: Danish, English (UK), Spanish (Latin American), Finnish, Hebrew, Indonesian, Norwegian, Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.