Recently, Microsoft updated the Product Search Experience, part of its Live Search offering. Now they're giving insight into the specific updates included, via the Live Search blog. The updates were based on feedback given by users of the feature while it was still in beta.
And the updates are (drum roll please)...
- One stop to research product details and find good prices -- Results display an image and description for each product as well as reviews, prices and spec sheets.
- Feature-based refinements -- View reviews based on features that are important to you (i.e battery life, portability)
- Sorting -- Sort results by user ratings, expert ratings, and price.
- Filtering -- Filter results by specific brands, categories, and price ranges.
- Richer product details -- Read expert reviews and a spec sheet describing the product.
Product search has been seeing a lot of action, lately. Earlier this week, the Product feature was added to Live Search for mobile phones.
It's really no wonder that such an emphasis is played on these types of product searches and results. Searchers are increasingly wanting answers (as opposed to branding) and with the popularity of devices like the iPhone (which offers full HTML browsing), product searches for both the regular and mobile web are important to the consumer buying process.
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.