Lycos Cinema has expanded to include Video on Demand (VOD). Previously the social video platform supported ad-supported video.
"Our experience shows us that while film and TV fans welcome the increasing availability to view premium content online, they also desire the social interaction that is inherent in today's web as part of their viewing experience," said Chuck Ball, vice president of sales and marketing for Lycos. "By enabling users to watch the same program at the same time, Lycos Cinema gives users a unique viewing experience they cannot find anywhere else."
All new Lycos Cinema features now include:
- 4 key viewing modes
- Thousands of free VOD and VOD Rental titles
- Lobby chat accommodating thousands of users
- Easy to use scheduling & invite functionality with automatic
- Notification features
- Clip & ship widget functions
- Time-stamped comments
- Full buddy list import-ability to invite AIM buddies to join viewing Rating and recommendations
- Online movie rentals streamed in H.264/MPEG-4 for higher quality
- 'Watchlist' functionality to keep track of favorites
Lycos Jumps Into the Social Mix
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!