Lycos Cinema has expanded to include Video on Demand (VOD). Previously the social video platform supported ad-supported video.
"Our experience shows us that while film and TV fans welcome the increasing availability to view premium content online, they also desire the social interaction that is inherent in today's web as part of their viewing experience," said Chuck Ball, vice president of sales and marketing for Lycos. "By enabling users to watch the same program at the same time, Lycos Cinema gives users a unique viewing experience they cannot find anywhere else."
All new Lycos Cinema features now include:
- 4 key viewing modes
- Thousands of free VOD and VOD Rental titles
- Lobby chat accommodating thousands of users
- Easy to use scheduling & invite functionality with automatic
- Notification features
- Clip & ship widget functions
- Time-stamped comments
- Full buddy list import-ability to invite AIM buddies to join viewing Rating and recommendations
- Online movie rentals streamed in H.264/MPEG-4 for higher quality
- 'Watchlist' functionality to keep track of favorites
Lycos Jumps Into the Social Mix
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!