Three months ago, Microsoft announced three projects they were working on to enhance the search experience. One of those projects, SearchTogether, has been launched into beta. SearchTogether is a free Internet Explorer plugin that allows groups to collaborate on search. The plugin displays a sidebar in the IE Browser and features:
- Group query histories
- Split searching
- Page-level rating and commenting
- Automatically-generated shared summaries
- Peek-and-follow browsing
- Integrated chat
Here are some ideas from Microsoft on how to use the plugin:
- Business colleagues can perform joint research and share information on projects.
- Students can likewise collaborate on group reports and assignments.
- Friends often work together to find entertainment opportunities or housing.
- Families can SearchTogether to jointly plan vacations or find medical information for a loved one
What do you think of the plugin? Are you going to give it a try? Let us know in the comments.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!