If you notice a change to the volume of clicks on your Yahoo paid search account, the Traffic Quality Center can help you figure out what caused the change. Now, there are three new updates to help you figure out what's going on.
The three updates are:
- A submission form to initiate a click investigation
- ”Ask Ace“: A new question-and-answer column written by one of our traffic quality experts.
- Animation on the homepage highlighting our stance on “bad clicks.” Refresh your browser to watch different versions.
Reggie Davis, VP of Search Quality wrote on the Yahoo Search Marketing Blog that there are several reasons why your clicks may fluctuate. Here are several examples he gave for a change:
- Changes to an ad's ranking in search results
- A change to the match type used for your ads
- Keyword seasonality
- A new distribution partner added to the Yahoo! network
- Yahoo! Buzz placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content.
- Yahoo! Front Page placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content
What do you think of these updates? Have you had success with the Traffic Quality Center? Let us know in the comments.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!