Google's AdWords API team has released version 13 of the open source tool. The update includes the following:
- New geotargeting options
- Active campaign and ad group retrieval
- Campaign budget suggestions
- Quality-based bid and quality score support
- Mobile Image Ad support
- Easier MCC account hierarchy retrieval
- MCC Alerts support
- Search volume data returned in KeywordToolService
- Minimum bids no longer supported
For more on the updates, read the release notes:
AdWords API advertisers will also receive 20% more API units from now through January 15, 2009. Here's how it works:
- All developers can purchase API units at the rate of 1200/$0.25, up from 1000/$0.25, from now through January 15th, 2009.
- Advertisers who are eligible for free API units will receive credit at the rate 300/$ of AdWords spend, up from 250/$ of AdWords spend. They will be credited the holiday bonus based on their spend in previous months.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!