Local search site Citysearch has launched an application for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Citysearch is touting the following features for the app:
- Search nearby destinations: food, bars, spas, shops and hotels
- Search listings by keyword, category and location and map the results
- Review listing details: address, phone, maps & directions, photos, hours of operation and more
- Submit user reviews instantly, without a lengthy registration process
- View previous searches & recently viewed listings
- Browse editorial recommendations, user reviews and advice from business owners
- Featured write-ups on what's hot in a local neighborhood or city
- Sort results by key listing attributes including distance, cost and Citysearch rating
- Bookmark your favorite listings
Unfortunately, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. The top listing for Food using My Location is a catering business based out of a nearby home. Another listing is an independent coffee shop that no longer exists.
Shopping was worse. The top results didn't include anything from nearby Brier Creek, a very popular shopping area in North Raleigh where I live.
The app looks fantastic. I like the dark background and light colors that don't make my eyes strain. But hopefully Citysearch will improve its results to make the app more useful.
Citysearch Rebuilds Site with a More Social, Local and Mobile
MapQuest Partners with Citysearch for Comprehensive Search Results
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.