It's no secret that reviews and ratings can affect a customer's purchasing decision, and today, Nielsen Online has released data showing just how powerful those reviews can be.
- 81% of online holiday shoppers read a product review at some point during the shopping process.
- 71% said that customer reviews made them feel better about their purchase
- 63% agree that having more than one review on a product is important
- 14% looked for reviews from an established source
- Only 3% sought out reviews from people they knew personally.
Marketing of any kind starts with the product. If you have a solid product, it will be so much easier to advertise it. Plus, you're more likely to have a positive experience with marketing that is out of your control, like reviews, ratings, and word-of-mouth. All of these things can show up in search results, especially the more clicked upon organic search results.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!