It's no secret that reviews and ratings can affect a customer's purchasing decision, and today, Nielsen Online has released data showing just how powerful those reviews can be.
- 81% of online holiday shoppers read a product review at some point during the shopping process.
- 71% said that customer reviews made them feel better about their purchase
- 63% agree that having more than one review on a product is important
- 14% looked for reviews from an established source
- Only 3% sought out reviews from people they knew personally.
Marketing of any kind starts with the product. If you have a solid product, it will be so much easier to advertise it. Plus, you're more likely to have a positive experience with marketing that is out of your control, like reviews, ratings, and word-of-mouth. All of these things can show up in search results, especially the more clicked upon organic search results.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.