It's no secret that reviews and ratings can affect a customer's purchasing decision, and today, Nielsen Online has released data showing just how powerful those reviews can be.
- 81% of online holiday shoppers read a product review at some point during the shopping process.
- 71% said that customer reviews made them feel better about their purchase
- 63% agree that having more than one review on a product is important
- 14% looked for reviews from an established source
- Only 3% sought out reviews from people they knew personally.
Marketing of any kind starts with the product. If you have a solid product, it will be so much easier to advertise it. Plus, you're more likely to have a positive experience with marketing that is out of your control, like reviews, ratings, and word-of-mouth. All of these things can show up in search results, especially the more clicked upon organic search results.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!