comScore has released the stats for online video viewing in the United States for November 2008. Overall, the number of videos viewed was up 34% from November 2007.
YouTube-fueled Google sites saw almost the same number of visitors as they did in October, which saw 100 million unique visitors. This time, it was 98 million.
Other interesting tidbits:
- 77 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- 97 million viewers watched 5.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (52.3 videos per viewer).
- 52.5 million viewers watched 371 million videos on MySpace.com (7.1 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 3.1 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 11.9 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!