comScore has released the stats for online video viewing in the United States for November 2008. Overall, the number of videos viewed was up 34% from November 2007.
YouTube-fueled Google sites saw almost the same number of visitors as they did in October, which saw 100 million unique visitors. This time, it was 98 million.
Other interesting tidbits:
- 77 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- 97 million viewers watched 5.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (52.3 videos per viewer).
- 52.5 million viewers watched 371 million videos on MySpace.com (7.1 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 3.1 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 11.9 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.