Online video gross media spend was $2.12 billion in 2008, up 36% from 2007, according to AccuStream. Here's a breakdown on the details:
- In-banner video impressions grew by 65% in 2008, and accounted for $1.5 billion in gross media spend
- Inventory for pre-roll ads expanded by 12.6% in 2008, reaching 18.75 billion total avails, following a 16.8% increase in 2007.
- Video buys made through rep firms totaled $90 million in 2008.
- Overlay executions associated with video added $37.6 million.
- insertion frequency for onsite experiences was capped at 1.5 (content views per avail) on average in 2008, reduced 13.7% from 2007
The forecast for 2009:
- 27% growth in pre-roll inventory
- 22.5% growth in gross media spend
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.