Yahoo! will launch a new mobile experience called, wait for it, Yahoo! Mobile. It will be available via mobile web and downloadable mobile applications for the iPhone as well as smartphones powered Nokia, RIM, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Motorola. An app will also be available for smartphones with the Windows Mobile operating system.
Yahoo! Mobile will feature a ton of stuff including:
- Yahoo! oneSearch - Yahoo!'s award-winning mobile search service providing the most current, relevant answers you need.
- Today - The most interesting stories buzzing on the Internet right now, selected by Yahoo!'s editorial team.
- Yahoo! oneConnect - Yahoo!'s service designed to provide consumers everything they need to stay in touch with the people about whom they care:
- Email - Access to Yahoo! Mail and other popular email service providers, including Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail and AOL Mail.
- Pulse - Access totheir social networks, including Bebo, Dopplr, Facebook, Flickr, Friendster, Last.fm, MySpace, Twitter and YouTube.
- Yahoo! Messenger - An upgraded version of Yahoo!'s popular mobile instant messaging service.
- Yahoo! Address Book - Keeps consumers' contacts always handy and in sync.
- Yahoo! Calendar - View, add and edit appointments when users are away from their PCs.
- Yahoo! News - Breaking headlines across popular topics. Yahoo! onePlace - Access and manage your favorite content, all from one location including news topics and sources, RSS feeds, weather conditions, sports scores, stock quotes, websites/blogs, horoscopes and movie theaters.
Smartphone apps will include:
- Yahoo! oneSearch with Voice - Allowing users to launch searches by simply speaking.
- Maps - Powerful improved tools that let consumers locate, learn about and get directions to points of interest.
- Opera Mini 4.2 - An integrated version of the world's most popular mobile web browser, with easy return to the Yahoo! Mobile app, that launches when web site access is needed.
- Widgets - Enhanced mobile-optimized experiences for services from Yahoo! and other brands. Users can browse, add and remove these at anytime according to their tastes.
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.