Digg has introduced an updated search to their social bookmarking site. Design head Daniel Burka outlined the changes in a post on the Digg blog. The updates include:
- Filtering by factors such as Digg count, topic, time, etc.
- Advanced shortcuts to search for specific promotion characteristics. Add +p to your query for only promoted stories, +u for upcoming stories, and +b for buried.
- Common search tricks - quotes for exact match and a negative sign before the term to keep that term out of results
- A graph demonstrating the historical trend of a term
- Searching for stories from a particular domain is much more effective. Filtering results by domain is also available.
- New RSS feeds allow users to create feeds for a given topic but filter out results they don't wish to see
- Digg search is faster
What do you think of the Digg search updates? Let us know in the comments below.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!