Digg has introduced an updated search to their social bookmarking site. Design head Daniel Burka outlined the changes in a post on the Digg blog. The updates include:
- Filtering by factors such as Digg count, topic, time, etc.
- Advanced shortcuts to search for specific promotion characteristics. Add +p to your query for only promoted stories, +u for upcoming stories, and +b for buried.
- Common search tricks - quotes for exact match and a negative sign before the term to keep that term out of results
- A graph demonstrating the historical trend of a term
- Searching for stories from a particular domain is much more effective. Filtering results by domain is also available.
- New RSS feeds allow users to create feeds for a given topic but filter out results they don't wish to see
- Digg search is faster
What do you think of the Digg search updates? Let us know in the comments below.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!