Digg has introduced an updated search to their social bookmarking site. Design head Daniel Burka outlined the changes in a post on the Digg blog. The updates include:
- Filtering by factors such as Digg count, topic, time, etc.
- Advanced shortcuts to search for specific promotion characteristics. Add +p to your query for only promoted stories, +u for upcoming stories, and +b for buried.
- Common search tricks - quotes for exact match and a negative sign before the term to keep that term out of results
- A graph demonstrating the historical trend of a term
- Searching for stories from a particular domain is much more effective. Filtering results by domain is also available.
- New RSS feeds allow users to create feeds for a given topic but filter out results they don't wish to see
- Digg search is faster
What do you think of the Digg search updates? Let us know in the comments below.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!