Looks like the momentum created by an ad campaign that began during the Superbowl continues to bring a boost to Hulu. The online video joint effort by NBC and Fox landed in the top 3 video sites in March 2009, something comScore says is a first. Hulu pushed Yahoo! sites to position number 4. Google, with its ownership of YouTube, and Fox Interactive, with its ownership of MySpace, still dominated the top two spots respectively:
More juicy data nuggets from the March 2009 online video space include:
- 77.8 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 327 minutes of video, or nearly 5.5 hours.
- 99.7 million viewers watched 5.9 billion videos on YouTube.com (59.1 videos per viewer).
- 47.4 million viewers watched 349 million videos on MySpace.com (7.4 videos per viewer).
- Hulu accounted for 2.6 percent of videos viewed, but 4.9 percent of all minutes spent watching online video.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.4 minutes.
'Family Guy' Tops Internal Search List for Hulu
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.