Looks like the momentum created by an ad campaign that began during the Superbowl continues to bring a boost to Hulu. The online video joint effort by NBC and Fox landed in the top 3 video sites in March 2009, something comScore says is a first. Hulu pushed Yahoo! sites to position number 4. Google, with its ownership of YouTube, and Fox Interactive, with its ownership of MySpace, still dominated the top two spots respectively:
More juicy data nuggets from the March 2009 online video space include:
- 77.8 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 327 minutes of video, or nearly 5.5 hours.
- 99.7 million viewers watched 5.9 billion videos on YouTube.com (59.1 videos per viewer).
- 47.4 million viewers watched 349 million videos on MySpace.com (7.4 videos per viewer).
- Hulu accounted for 2.6 percent of videos viewed, but 4.9 percent of all minutes spent watching online video.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.4 minutes.
'Family Guy' Tops Internal Search List for Hulu
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!