Gomez and dotMobi have collaborated on mobile benchmarks, and for the mobile search category, Yahoo! snagged first place overall in March 2009.
There were five categories used to measure. Yahoo! tied for first place in two of them: discoverability and readability. Here's the five categories and how they're measured:
- Discoverability -- how readily a consumer can find the mobile Web site using different URLs.
- Readiness -- how well the mobile Web site renders on popular mobile devices.
- Availability -- the percentage of successful transactions or the availability of a Web page.
- Response time -- how long each page takes to download and the duration of an entire transaction.
- Consistency -- how well the mobile Web site performs on different mobile carriers, in different geographies and time frames.
Here are the results:
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!