Gomez and dotMobi have collaborated on mobile benchmarks, and for the mobile search category, Yahoo! snagged first place overall in March 2009.
There were five categories used to measure. Yahoo! tied for first place in two of them: discoverability and readability. Here's the five categories and how they're measured:
- Discoverability -- how readily a consumer can find the mobile Web site using different URLs.
- Readiness -- how well the mobile Web site renders on popular mobile devices.
- Availability -- the percentage of successful transactions or the availability of a Web page.
- Response time -- how long each page takes to download and the duration of an entire transaction.
- Consistency -- how well the mobile Web site performs on different mobile carriers, in different geographies and time frames.
Here are the results:
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.