Gomez and dotMobi have collaborated on mobile benchmarks, and for the mobile search category, Yahoo! snagged first place overall in March 2009.
There were five categories used to measure. Yahoo! tied for first place in two of them: discoverability and readability. Here's the five categories and how they're measured:
- Discoverability -- how readily a consumer can find the mobile Web site using different URLs.
- Readiness -- how well the mobile Web site renders on popular mobile devices.
- Availability -- the percentage of successful transactions or the availability of a Web page.
- Response time -- how long each page takes to download and the duration of an entire transaction.
- Consistency -- how well the mobile Web site performs on different mobile carriers, in different geographies and time frames.
Here are the results:
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.