This morning, Search Engine Strategies announced that three new members are joining the SES Advisory Board: Brett Crosby, Group PPM, Google; Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing; and Stewart Quealy, VP, Content Development, Incisive Media.
The three new members are joining 11 current members, who will continue to serve on the SES Advisory Board:
* Matthew Bailey, President, SiteLogic
* Ron Belanger, Vice President of Worldwide Agency Sales, Omniture
* Bryan Eisenberg, Co-Founder, Future Now, Inc
* Jeff Ferguson, Senior Director of Online Marketing, Local.com
* Andrew Goodman, Principal, Page Zero Media
* Mike Grehan, Global KDM Officer, Acronym Media
* Anne Kennedy, Managing Partner, Beyond Ink
* John Marshall, CTO, Market Motive
* Pauline Ores, Senior Marketing Manager, Community and Collaboration Strategy, Global Small & Midmarket Business, IBM
* Erynn Petersen, Senior Manager, Advertising Platform Evangelism, Microsoft
* Randy Peterson, Search Marketing Innovation Manager, Proctor and Gamble
The three new members of the SES Advisory Board replace thee original members who are rotating out:
* Chris Henger, Group Product Manager, Google.
* Jeff Levick, Head of Global Advertising and Strategy, AOL.
* Kevin Ryan, SES Advisory Board Chair and CMO, WebVisible, Inc.
In addition, SES announced that Grehan and Quealy would be co-chairs of the SES Advisory Board.
In a press release, Ryan said, "I enjoyed the years spent with SES and SEW yet the demands on my time are tremendous with WebVisible and the companies I advise. I am so pleased to be passing on the baton to Mike Grehan, SES has a bright future,"
Grehan said, "I'm proud to have been a primary speaker with SES for many years--and even prouder to be taking on this new role with the global advisory board." He added, "I'm much looking forward to working more closely with my friend and colleague Stewart Quealy and the ever innovative SES content team."
Quealy said, "I look forward to working closely with Mike Grehan and the rest of the advisory board in shaping the future direction and ongoing growth of SES."
Now that Ryan has passed the baton to Grehan, the next logical question to ask is: What will Grehan do with the shoehorn that he normally waves around at SES conferences? Will he hold the baton in one hand and the shoehorn in the other? Will Quealy get the shoehorn?
I can't want to find out the answer at SES Toronto 2009 next week.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!