Another week, another slew of Google Updates. Chew on these new features while you watch the US Open this weekend:
Google Flash Indexing - The googlebot will now index external content sources used in SWF files.
Google Webmaster Central - Reconsideration requests now come with notifications so you'll know where you're at in the process.
Custom Search Automatic Transilteration - You can type in one language but see results in another.
Google AdSense - Change the font size for your ad display units.
Google Maps and Transit - 7 new agencies have been added including
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Houston, TX
- VIA Metropolitan Transit in San Antonio, TX
- Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City, UT
- Metro St. Louis, St Louis, MO
- Foothill Transit, San Gabriel Valley, CA
- Riverside Transit, Riverside, CA
- Charlotte Area Transit System, Charlotte, NC
- Pinella Suncoast Transit Authority, St. Petersburg, FL
Google Book Search - Got a makeover, including embedded links, book search within each book, thumbnail view, content drop-down menu, plain text mode, page turn button and animation, and an updated book overview page.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!