Social media aggregator FriendFeed has updated its API with a bunch of features that are relevant to current online social and search behavior. The updates are:
- Real-time APIs - Get feeds in real-time by sing long polling. This includes search.
- Flexible sharing options - Allows direct messages and sharing to multiple feeds.
- File attachments - Attach images, pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.
- OAuth support - Use this to let people sign into your application with their FriendFeed account
- Simplified response format - When you don't need/want your application to have to differentiate between the nuanced features of FriendFeed (users, groups, friend of a friend, etc.) This API provides authenticated responses which include a list of possible commands on every feed, entry, and comment.
What do you think of the API update? Tell us in the comments below.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!