Social media aggregator FriendFeed has updated its API with a bunch of features that are relevant to current online social and search behavior. The updates are:
- Real-time APIs - Get feeds in real-time by sing long polling. This includes search.
- Flexible sharing options - Allows direct messages and sharing to multiple feeds.
- File attachments - Attach images, pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.
- OAuth support - Use this to let people sign into your application with their FriendFeed account
- Simplified response format - When you don't need/want your application to have to differentiate between the nuanced features of FriendFeed (users, groups, friend of a friend, etc.) This API provides authenticated responses which include a list of possible commands on every feed, entry, and comment.
What do you think of the API update? Tell us in the comments below.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!