Social media aggregator FriendFeed has updated its API with a bunch of features that are relevant to current online social and search behavior. The updates are:
- Real-time APIs - Get feeds in real-time by sing long polling. This includes search.
- Flexible sharing options - Allows direct messages and sharing to multiple feeds.
- File attachments - Attach images, pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.
- OAuth support - Use this to let people sign into your application with their FriendFeed account
- Simplified response format - When you don't need/want your application to have to differentiate between the nuanced features of FriendFeed (users, groups, friend of a friend, etc.) This API provides authenticated responses which include a list of possible commands on every feed, entry, and comment.
What do you think of the API update? Tell us in the comments below.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.