Social media aggregator FriendFeed has updated its API with a bunch of features that are relevant to current online social and search behavior. The updates are:
- Real-time APIs - Get feeds in real-time by sing long polling. This includes search.
- Flexible sharing options - Allows direct messages and sharing to multiple feeds.
- File attachments - Attach images, pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.
- OAuth support - Use this to let people sign into your application with their FriendFeed account
- Simplified response format - When you don't need/want your application to have to differentiate between the nuanced features of FriendFeed (users, groups, friend of a friend, etc.) This API provides authenticated responses which include a list of possible commands on every feed, entry, and comment.
What do you think of the API update? Tell us in the comments below.
JUNE SALE! Save 15%*
Save on all e-learning certification courses, including: SEO, Social Media, Online Marketing Foundation, Web Analytics and more. Enter CZAJU at checkout »
Offer expires June 30. *Discount not applicable on SES Online products.