Yahoo! Shopping has launched a new site featuring deals and online coupons from around the web. It's called....wait for it....Yahoo! Deals. Find it at http://deals.yahoo.com.
Online couponing has been on the rise for awhile, but the momentum increased when the economy went south. A Yahoo! survey shows that 43% of participants are using coupons more than they did a year ago. It also showed that if online coupons were easier to find, 76% of women would be motivated to use them more.
Even more, 59% reported feeling good when they use coupons. When people feel good about buying your product, that's a huge association.
Here's what you can expect to find on Yahoo! Deals:
- Grocery coupons for all kinds of kitchen staples, provided by Coupons.com
- Offers for local chain and neighborhood restaurants, retailers and service providers provided by Valpak
- Exclusive deals from new partners including Visa and Next Jump; Ecobunga! and Greenzer (for eco-friendly products); TechBargains.com and LogicBUY (for computers and electronics); plus coupons and deals on a variety of products from CouponAlbum, CouponMountain, BradsDeals.com and Dealnews
- Video stories on consumer shopping trends and savings tips provided by Inside Edition
- The gas finder module that helps users find the cheapest gas by zip code
- Improved search function to help users quickly find deals from across the site
- New social features that allow savvy shoppers to share deals with friends via email and popular social networks, and to save deals for later use
- A new community feature that lets users post or read comments on each deal
"Frugality is the new 'cool,'" said Greg Hintz, head of Yahoo! Shopping. "We now know that couponing and bargain hunting are losing their stigma and are now a regular habit for many people. Our goal at Yahoo! is to be the center of people's online lives and we're making Yahoo! the easiest place for consumers to find and manage the coupons and deals that are relevant to their lives."
Yahoo! Deals also has a Twitter account set up for easier deal-tracking. Follow
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!