Local search site CitySquares has rolled out new local feeds for online publishers. This is a great feature to place on your site if you have a local blog, newspaper or community site.
With the local feed, you can do things like list local restaurants on your website. The feed is free. Here's how to do it:
1. Go to CitySquares.com and type in your city.
2. Look for the categories listed on the results page.
3. Click on a category you're interested in
4. Click "Get this feed" at the top right corner in the results column.
5. Plug the feed into any widget platform (or build something yourself, web developer).
Ta da! Now you have local content. CitySquares says they plan to rotate the list of businesses in the feeds, so you'll periodically be getting fresh content as well.
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!