Local search site CitySquares has rolled out new local feeds for online publishers. This is a great feature to place on your site if you have a local blog, newspaper or community site.
With the local feed, you can do things like list local restaurants on your website. The feed is free. Here's how to do it:
1. Go to CitySquares.com and type in your city.
2. Look for the categories listed on the results page.
3. Click on a category you're interested in
4. Click "Get this feed" at the top right corner in the results column.
5. Plug the feed into any widget platform (or build something yourself, web developer).
Ta da! Now you have local content. CitySquares says they plan to rotate the list of businesses in the feeds, so you'll periodically be getting fresh content as well.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!