If you use Google Sites to publish websites, you now have Google Custom Search as an option for your site. Here's the steps you need to follow:
- Login to your Google Site
- Click the "More Actions" dropdown menu, then select "Manage Site"
- On the lefthand Navigation menu, choose "Site Layout." Click "Configure Search"
- In the "Configure site search" section, click the "Advanced" tab. Then, click the "Add provider" button.
- Login to the Custom Search control panel in another tab or window.
- Copy the URL for the search engine you want to use. Paste it back in the Add Provider section in step number 4. Name the search option, leave the Show Results option checked.
- Click OK.
- Change your default provider in the "General" tab under the "Configure site search" dialog and selecting your new setup.
Search and traffic sourcing are both crucial to luring shoppers to your website. In this article, "2 Successful Holiday Strategies for Online Retail", you'll learn how to use a two-pronged approach for your holiday search campaigns that combine top keywords with the best referral sites. Data in this article comes from SimilarWeb.