If you use Google Sites to publish websites, you now have Google Custom Search as an option for your site. Here's the steps you need to follow:
- Login to your Google Site
- Click the "More Actions" dropdown menu, then select "Manage Site"
- On the lefthand Navigation menu, choose "Site Layout." Click "Configure Search"
- In the "Configure site search" section, click the "Advanced" tab. Then, click the "Add provider" button.
- Login to the Custom Search control panel in another tab or window.
- Copy the URL for the search engine you want to use. Paste it back in the Add Provider section in step number 4. Name the search option, leave the Show Results option checked.
- Click OK.
- Change your default provider in the "General" tab under the "Configure site search" dialog and selecting your new setup.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!