Search Engine Strategies Chicago gets underway next week at the Hilton Chicago.
During the past 11 weeks, I've shared 11 important reasons for going to this must-attend event. For those of you who want to join in the chorus, they are:
- 11 topics breaking,
- 10 authors speaking,
- nine trainers training,
- eight days a-learning,
- seven tracks amazing,
- six booths astounding,
- five brand new things,
- four keynote themes,
- three key trends,
- two early birds,
- and a ranking in the top three.
This week, I'll share a twelfth and final reason for attending SES Chicago 2009 -- and it isn't "12 drummers drumming." You should attend the only major search engine marketing conference and expo in the Midwest to meetup with "12 bloggers blogging."
If you want to keep up to date on trends/issues, see new products, network, see many companies at once, or create/strengthen relationships/partnerships, then there's no better way than attending the show. And if you want to meetup with some of the best bloggers in the business, then attend the SES Chicago Pre Game Meetup.
This event is open to all SES Chicago attendees. Hang out, talk about sessions you're looking forward to seeing, ask questions about marketing, and share a few drinks.
Now, Search Engine Strategies Chicago 2009 is being hosted by Search Engine Watch and ClickZ. And there are two dozen media partners for the event. Plus, another dozen bloggers have already posted interviews and stories in advance of SES Chicago 2009. And there are 964 followers of Search Engine Conf (SESConf) on Twitter.
So, there will be more than three dozen bloggers blogging at the show. (And about half a dozen YouTube video crews and Flickr photographers as well as more Twitter users than you can shake a stick at.)
Keeping up with who said what in which session to whom with what effect isn't going to be easy. It takes me a couple of hours each evening to review the day's coverage and select the top stories.
If you want to look over my shoulder, here are the 12 bloggers who will be blogging at Search Engine Strategies Chicago that I will check out to see what they've written. (I've listed them in alphabetical order, because my momma didn't raise no fool.)
- aimClear Blog is a publication of aimClear, a search engine optimization (SEO) Internet marketing focused advertising agency in Duluth and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- ClickZ is the largest resource of interactive marketing news, information, commentary, advice, opinion, research, and reference in the world, online or off.
- Econsultancy is a global independent community-based publisher, focused on best practice digital marketing and ecommerce.
- With more than 7 million monthly pageviews, Mashable is the world's largest blog focused on social networks and web 2.0 news.
- ReelSEO.com is The Online Video Marketer's Guide - a place for valuable news, research, analysis, tips, and other resources for video search optimization and online video marketing.
- Search Engine Guide is a free resource site aimed at educating small business owners about search engine optimization, paid search advertising, link building and blogging.
- Search Engine Journal, established in 2003, is a 6 year old publication of Search & Social Media, LLC, which specializes in a community approach to the reporting of search engine news & the sharing of Search Engine Marketing knowledge & tactics.
- Search Engine Watch provides tips and information about searching the web, analysis of the search engine industry and help to site owners trying to improve their ability to be found in search engines.
- Search Marketing Gurus is a search marketing and industry blog that covers the online marketing world.
- Ranked in the top 1% blogs by Technorati, TopRank Online Marketing Blog is a leading resource for internet marketing resources, news, interviews and how-to articles about natural search optimization, paid search marketing, social media and online public relations.
- WebmasterRadio.FM is a free, Internet-based radio network focused on the B2B e-commerce marketplace.
- WebProNews is the number one source for e-business and search news.
At SES Chicago 2008, I interviewed Abby Johnson of WebProNews about the top stories at SES Chicago.
That's it. That's the final reason for going to SES Chicago 2009.
Now, until next week, just keep singing: 12 blogger blogging, 11 topics breaking, 10 authors speaking, nine trainers training, eight days a-learning, seven tracks amazing, six booths astounding, five brand new things, four keynote themes, three key trends, two early birds, and a ranking in the top three.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.