At SES Chicago 2009 on Wednesday, December 9, at 12:30 p.m., there will be a drawing to give away the "largest marketing library." Attendees of Search Engine Strategies Chicago can enter their business cards up until just before the drawing.
The drawing will take place in the Exhibition Hall, and the lucky winner must be present to claim the prize. (If you are a twin or triplet, use the canonical tag to show that you are the original winner, not a duplicate.)
Here is a partial list of the titles to be given away:
- "World Wide Rave: Creating Triggers that Get Millions of People to Spread Your Ideas and Share Your Stories" by David Meerman Scott.
- "Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time" by Joel Comm, Anthony Robbins and Ken Burge.
- "Taming the Search-and-Switch Customer: Earning Customer Loyalty in a Compulsion-to-Compare World" by Jill Griffin.
- "33 Million People in the Room: How to Create, Influence, and Run a Successful Business with Social Networking" by Juliette Powell.
- "Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion" by Gary Vaynerchuck.
- "Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers" by Seth Godin.
- "Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone" by Mitch Joel.
- "Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust" by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith.
- "Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversion" by Tim Ash.
- "Radically Transparent: Monitoring and Managing Reputations Online" by Andy Beal and Judy Strauss.
- "Call to Action: Secret Formulas to Improve Online Results," "Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing" and "Always be Testing: The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer" by Bryan Eisenberg.
- "eBoot Camp: Proven Internet Marketing Techniques to Grow Your Business" by Corey Perlman.
- "Socialnomics: How social media transforms the way we live and do business" by Erik Qualman.
- "What Would Google Do?" by Jeff Jarvis.
- "The Truth about Search Engine Optimization" by Rebecca Lieb.
If you read even a couple of these books, then you will be the smarter than a 5th grader. But wait! There's more!
The day before the drawing, there will be Author Luncheon in the Expo Hall (rear right) on Tuesday, December 8, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
You can have lunch and network with your favorite author and/or SES speaker. This special event includes:
- Andy Beal, CEO, Trackur, author of Radically Transparent: Monitoring and Managing Reputations Online.
- Cindy Krum, Chief Executive Officer, Rank-Mobile, LLC, author (in February 2010) of "Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are."
- Dennis R. Mortensen, Director of Data Insights, Yahoo!, author of "Yahoo! Web Analytics: Tracking, Reporting and Analyzing for Data-Driven Insights."
- Sally Falkow, President, PRESSfeed.
- Andrew Goodman, SES Advisory Board & Principal, Page Zero Media, author of "Winning Results with Google AdWords."
- Bill Hunt, President, Back Azimuth Consulting, author of "Search Engine Marketing, Inc: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site."
- Greg Jarboe, President & Co-Founder, SEO-PR, author of "YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour A Day."
Yes, yes, I should disclose that I'm the author listed above, but at least I'm listed last.
If this list looks long, it is -- but these are only some of the authors who will be speaking at the event. As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, there will be more than 22 authors speaking at SES Chicago 2009.
And this was just handed to me: It appears that The BuyerSphere Project is now available online!
What is The BuyerSphere Project? Well, if you didn't attend SES San Jose 2009, then you missed the session about a major B2B research initiative, conducted by Enquiro with input from Google, Business.com, Covario, Marketo and DemandBase, that showed most marketers aren't effectively leveraging online assets to their best potential.
Here's my interview with Gord Hotchkiss, President and CEO of Enquiro and author of The BuyerSphere Project.
This is, indeed, a ton of books. Perhaps, this is why Cyber Monday started on Black Friday for Amazon.com, as I reported this morning. Who knows.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!