On Monday, I recommended that you wear your cross training shoes to Connected Marketing Week, which will be held from August 16 to 20, 2010. Today, I'll give you some recommendations for your cross training workouts at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
As Manoj Jasra of Web Analytics World says, "There is no doubt that Connected Marketing Week is the most concentrated mix of online marketing sessions ever combined. You could literally go from novice to expert in 5 days."
So, let's start with the ClickZ BlogworkZ half-day forum on Monday, August 16. It's free to attend, but you must register in advance.
I'd attend all three sessions:
- Small Voices, Big Results with Susan Bratton -- Learn about creative approaches that small to mid-sized businesses are taking to gain visibility, build communities, and listen to customers.
- Unofficial, Unauthorized: Outside, Looking In with Andy Beal and Robert Scoble -- Learn from bloggers who are adapt at bringing an inside view to the outside - and what that means to anyone working inside a glass house and trying to guard a business reputation.
- Managing an Army of Bloggers with Karen Wickre and Lee Sherman -- Learn how industry pros coach their teams, guiding strategies that ensure that bloggers follow best practices, serve the brand's audience, and maintain the blogger's voice.
Then I'd run over to the Connected Marketing Meet & Greet. This provides an informal and spontaneous face to face setting for you to exchange ideas with your colleagues and professional peers.
On Tuesday, August 17, I'd attend the Morning Keynote at SES San Francisco with Jeffrey W. Hayzlett, Chief Marketing Officer, Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company.
Then, I'd run over to the Grand Opening of the Expo Hall. You can schedule an appointment at the Bing booth (#307), Google booth (#301), Yahoo! booth (#312), and other sponsors and exhibitors.
Next, I'd attend:
- The PPC Lab Primer with Jonathan Allen (aka SEW Labs Chief Egghead) and Kevin Lee.
- The SEO Lab Primer with Allen and Rand Fishkin.
- The PPC Lab with Allen and Christine Churchill.
For an overview of SEW Labs, check out the video interview below with Allen and Mike Grehan, Global VP Content of Incisive Media.
That evening I'd attend WebmasterRadio.FM's SearchBash. WebmasterRadio.FM is promising to throw its largest, wildest and most dazzling SearchBash ever!
On Wednesday, August 18, I'd attend the IAB's Future of Display: Ad Networks and Exchanges.
- The first session is Analyzing the Analysts with David Moore.
- The second session is The Answer Is... with Steve Bookbinder.
- The third session is San Francisco Media Buyers Talk Turkey with Matthew Boyd.
Then, I'd jog over to the Networking Lunch in the Expo Hall.
Next, I kinda, sorta, hafta go to the Video Lab Premier with the SEW Labs Chief Egghead because I'm also speaking. There's even been some lose talk that I'll be wearing an Einstein wig. You'll just have to attend to see for yourself.
Then, if I were you, I'd take my Afternoon Break in the Expo Hall. I'd visit exhibitors that I haven't seen before because one of the reasons I go to trade shows every year is to see new products.
Next, I'd attend the Keynote Panel at SES San Francisco on Real-Time Storytelling. It will be moderated by Khris Loux and the speakers include: Robert Scoble, Dan Schmidt, Andrew Lyons, and Dermot Waters. That right, mainstream and social media speaking together... mass hysteria!
Then, I'd jog back to IAB's 1-Day Forum at attend RTB, DSP, WTF: Is Everyone a Media Trader? with Jay Sears.
Next, I'd jog back to SES San Francisco to attend Beyond the Click: What Shoppers Need Now with Nitin Mangtani, Noran El-Shinnawy, and Lee Cohen.
Then, I'd attend Black Hat, White Hat Un-conferenced. It's kinda a workshop, and sorta a party -- heck, it's a little bit of both. You can debate issues that matter over drinks!
Jonathan Allen, Mike Grehan at Greg Jarboe
On Thursday, August 19, I'd drag my wagon over to Jeff Pulver's 140 Characters Conference! (#140conf).
Just like tweets, these sessions are short. So, I'd attend:
- Legacy in the era of the Real-Time Web with Jeff Keni Pulver.
- Changing the World with 140 Characters with Dom Sagolla.
- Religion and the Real-time Web with sarah lefton.
- Farming, Cattle Ranching and the real-time web with Jeff Fowle and Ray Prock Jr.
- Chocolate, Shoes, and SYTYCD with Mari Luangrath.
- Telecom and evolution of Social Communications with Tal Givoly.
- Legal Issues in the Real-time Web with Francineward.
- Location Based Services - a look ahead with Leor Stern.
- Social Change with Alex Genadinik.
- Relationships Matter with Rob La Gesse.
- Brands and the Real-time Web with Anne-Marie Faiola, Cory O'Brien, and Michael Brito.
- Spirituality and technology with Elise Marie Collins.
- Real-time Web + Politics with Maegan Carberry.
Then, I'd drag my wagon over to the Networking Lunch at SES San Francisco.
Next, I kinda, sorta, hafta go to the Video Lab with the SEW Labs Chief Egghead because I'm speaking at this "crowd-sourcing consultancy" session.
After that, I could theoretically attend one more session. But, maybe I'll tell people that my Einstein wig needs to be returned before 5 p.m. or I have to pay a late fee.
On Friday, August 20, I'll ask someone to put me in a wheelchair and push me into the ClickZ International Marketing Forum. Hey, it's been a long week.
Nevertheless, I'd look forward to attending A Blueprint for Global Marketing in a Digital World with Bill Hunt and Crispin Sheridan.
Next, I'd attend:
- Search Marketing with Anne Kennedy, Erica Schmidt, Michael Bonfils, Maura Ginty.
- Mobile Marketing with Adaline Lau.
- Social Media Marketing with Motoko Hunt and Kavita Jhunjhunwala.
Finally, before they ship my body home in a bag, I'll attend the Keynote: "An Audience With... Avinash Kaushik.". He can talk a dog off a meat wagon, so I think I can make it to the finish line of this five-day marathon.
If you don't see me for the next week or two, I'll be rethinking my cross training workouts for Connected Marketing Week. And I do my best rethinking in a hammock on Cape Cod.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!